Thread Rating:
The Edu-Sport Revolution?
No doubt you've read about Edu-Sport's bold initiative (below). They're aiming for the Premiership by 2025. To me it seems slightly more attractive than Rangers and Celtic Colts teams playing Annan and Stenhousemuir but this is your country ......... I was just wondering what you think and whether you are thinking of bunging in £25 to see what happens.

And no, I'm not masochistic enough, to make any jokes about trying to part a Scotsman from £25.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Edusport Academy is a real team that is rising rapidly in the Scottish league structure. It is our vision to take the team to the Scottish Premiership and beyond by 2025 with your help, through the sale of memberships for just £25 per year.

Become a Revolutionary by signing up on our site for just £25 per year and join a community of fans who share a common goal and ambition.

As a member you will have a direct influence on all matters relating to the direction of the club. You will be involved in all key decisions and have access to a wide range of member benefits, ensuring a unique and immersive experience.

Together as a community of like minded individuals, our strength in numbers, we will have the resources to give our football club the best possible chance of achieving success and reaching our objectives.
The income we generate through the sale of memberships will go directly back into the club, and the Revolutionaries will decide on how best to distribute the budget to help us reach our objectives.

You get a say in making club decisions, choosing the new name and strip but NOT selecting the team as in the Ebbsfleet initiative a few years ago in England.
The big difference between this one and the Ebbsfleet version was the long standing existence of the club, albeit as Gravesend & Northfleet. This gave them a small but loyal fanbase to start with to get the scheme off the ground, with no actual home or current fan base it will be interesting to see what the take up is on this.
In case this Edu-Sport initiative does take off I thought it would be interesting to join. So I've paid my £25!

My first communication was that I was now welcomed as a fully-fledged revolutionary.

My second communication a day later was that my payment hadn't gone through, apparently my revolutionary status was now showing as pending on the website and that re-trying payment would solve the problem. I accessed the site, my status showed as active not pending and it looked as though I was still a paid-up revolutionary. I replied to the earlier e-mail pointing out that the website thought I was an active revolutionary.

My third communication was confirmation of my revolutionary status, but no explanation of why the earlier e-mail had been sent (especially at the unusual time of 6.36 in the morning).

So the future of Scottish football may be in my hands. (Actually I think it could be a very enjoyable ride ...... and after all £25 would get me nowhere near Scotland on Virgin from the South West of England.) I'll let you know how we get on. Obviously I've already got plans in hand to win the Lowland League next season.

If you want to be a revolutionary it's definitely a better option than joining FARQ. As far as I can tell there are no spiders or jungles involved in this one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »