Thread Rating:
Priti Vacant
(11-11-2017, 21:54)hibeejim21 Wrote: I'm still deeply shocked at what this woman was doing. I'm convinced the government must have known what she was up to,and it strikes me it was more to do with the tory party than government business.

Read this http://www.jonathan-cook.net/2017-11-09/...-meetings/

Very interesting blog. Don't quite understand why Priti Patel herself went unless she considered her eventual sacking would raise her profile in the party leadership stakes. Why couldn't Polak have gone, had the meetings and briefed Priti, priti thoroughly? The only advantage to a Minister going was being caught out. And if May is complicit, why would she raise Priti's profile by allowing it to happen, when she is under threat from all sides? Obvoiusly she quite likes the Israelis helping to undermine Jeremy Corbyn with allegations of anti-semitism, but it's a bit of a high-stakes game .......

If you are going on holiday why do you take Stuart Polak? And if you go on holiday and have 12 meetings with Israeli officials aren't you the least desirable travelling companion in history. "Oh I'm just going off to see Benjamin ...... oh you can come too if you want, but I know you don't!"

I wonder how come the Iranians are NOW so suspicious of a British/Iranian woman who is trying to convince them she was genuinely on holiday?

It's not as if British women would consider going on holiday then using it to plot something serious like diverting a large chunk of British foreign policy is it?
Come on she wasn't on holiday that was just a cover story but I think there is more to this than meets the eye and it will probably come out sooner or later because it always does.

I would say majority of politicians are in it to see what they can get out of it and this goes for the Tories, Labour, SNP etc no matter what party you are in. They get voted in and get on the gravy train and then they don't give a toss about you unless there is an election coming up and they want your vote. It's just self-interest a lot of the time.

We've all read before where there is construction or development project which the Government are building and then afterwards you find out MPs or party donors had shares in the company which built the thing.

Back when Beeching shut majority of the lines in Britain it was found out afterwards that the then pro-roads Tory minister for transport Ernest Marples had shares in a company which built roads and motorways.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Dr Beeching wrote the report as a civil servant instructed by the Tory Government to identify loss-making railways, which he did. He was the fall guy.

Ernest Marples, on the other hand, was seen as a slimy little chancer - involved with prostitutes on the fringes of the Profumo Affair, dubious share dealings, owing the taxman tens of thousands of pounds, fled the country taking his money with him - you name it, he was probably involved (allegedly!).
Cabbage is still good for you
Tories never change ritchie! Over a century has passed and we're still observing these 'toerag chancers' continue to practise with impunity and the same crass, shameless behaviour and snobbery, division, elitism and other forms of the worst side of human nature! Deja vu!
(13-11-2017, 17:50)Devongone Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 21:54)hibeejim21 Wrote: I'm still deeply shocked at what this woman was doing. I'm convinced the government must have known what she was up to,and it strikes me it was more to do with the tory party than government business.

Very interesting blog. Don't quite understand why Priti Patel herself went unless she considered her eventual sacking would raise her profile in the party leadership stakes. Why couldn't Polak have gone, had the meetings and briefed Priti, priti thoroughly? The only advantage to a Minister going was being caught out. And if May is complicit, why would she raise Priti's profile by allowing it to happen, when she is under threat from all sides? Obvoiusly she quite likes the Israelis helping to undermine Jeremy Corbyn with allegations of anti-semitism, but it's a bit of a high-stakes game .......

If you are going on holiday why do you take Stuart Polak? And if you go on holiday and have 12 meetings with Israeli officials aren't you the least desirable travelling companion in history. "Oh I'm just going off to see Benjamin ...... oh you can come too if you want, but I know you don't!"

I wonder how come the Iranians are NOW so suspicious of a British/Iranian woman who is trying to convince them she was genuinely on holiday?

It's not as if British women would consider going on holiday then using it to plot something serious like diverting a large chunk of British foreign policy is it?

The Israeli lobby is both main Westminster parties has way too much power and influence.
Just like the same scenario in the United States Jim until recently when Obama and indeed Trump have been less enamoured to Israeli antics and hence less forthcoming. However, that Jewish lobby of influence is still there, 'hovering in the background'!
(14-11-2017, 13:26)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(13-11-2017, 17:50)Devongone Wrote:

The Israeli lobby is both main Westminster parties has way too much power and influence.

I think the problem for the Israelis now with Labour is that they lack the obvious voice they had with Blair and Lord Levy. Corbyn and McDonnell are pro-Palestinian, will favour a two-state solution and will be another international voice against the Israeli right wing, if Labour ever comes to power. Almost bizarrely our friends in Israel have bombed Syria many times without ever once attacking ISIS, but then you have to remember who bombs whom comes down to whether you are on the side of the Saudis or Iran.
(14-11-2017, 13:57)0762 Wrote: Just like the same scenario in the United States Jim until recently when Obama and indeed Trump have been less enamoured to Israeli antics and hence less forthcoming. However, that Jewish lobby of influence is still there, 'hovering in the background'!

I'm not sure the Jewish lobby over here has ever really done anything in the background!!! They are front and center with so many issues and with so many politicians!!
I know they've 'been in there' for 'donkeys' years' Saint Charles Owl but during the Obama years, and more recently with Trump, my perception of their significant presence was that they have been 'forced into the background' and been less influential compared with before. However, these people don't go away, that's for sure, and I'd concur with that last comment and the 'powers of influence' (+forged alliances) that they can still practise with many people in government. It's one of the main reasons why Israel has 'survived' for a long time and effectively 'got away with murder' unchallenged for years gone by! Even the whole process that led to the production of Israel's own WMD, was highly questionable and that whole episode reeks of utter hypocrisy when one studies the response of the USA to other similar ventures by nations that they classify as the 'wrong ones'!! What a joke!
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/16/conservat...-11917644/

I've followed on from this original OP to say that this odious woman, Patel, was shamelessly returned to the previous miniscule govt and will likely be returned to this rejuvenated fascist one. More importantly, it is worth highlighting the latest cynical activities that this Brexi govt propose to restrict on any PA bodies activities, endorsed by PDS, to block certain trade with the State of Israel. It was attempted (failed) by Nick Hancock in 2016 and it is not coincidental and I believe a lotta money "has changed hands" to impose a new positive regard for the State of Israel and now lets view them as our close ally and partner - loosely stated by certain shameless Tories!! I DON'T VIEW IT THAT WAY AT ALL AND I WONDER HOW MANY Sb MEMBERS VIEW THIS "CHANGE" AND WHERE DOES THIS PLACE PALESTINE IN THE EYES OF THIS FASCIST BRITISH GOVT!!? I also believe Patel's activities earlier in the year were more significant than many people actually realise. For me personally, I'll still "do my wee bit" and I'll never purchase Israeli produce like Jaffa oranges etc. Just like Trump's US "turnaround" on Israel's standing re breaches of human rights etc, it appears that the same "powers of influence" are being applied to try and "normalise" and even eradicate any criticism or vilification of this "squeaky clean" (NOT) ally that the Brexit govt propaganda machine has tried to impress on us as well as providing to the SOI a lotta the ordnance they use to kill people/opponents all over the local region and beyond.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »