Thread Rating:
Livingston v Hibs - 18/10/14
This is an evening kick-off at 5.30pm when Hibs visit the Almondvale home of Livingston FC, formerly Meadowbank Thistle, formerly Ferranti Thistle. The later kick-off means I'll not be able to follow this game, as 40 years ago, my wife couldn't hang on any longer and my wonderful daughter put in an appearance. The said wonderful daughter is getting a party in her honour and I suppose I'd better be there.  Whistle

Nevertheless, despite all evidence to the contrary, I fully expect Hibs to take the 3 points home to Edinburgh. The defence is playing as well as can be expected and seems to be coping with the 3-5-2 system. Once again last weekend, our attack had numerous chances and failed to put them away, although we did score from a penalty, but it wasn't given.  Doh Not to put too fine a point on it, we'd better get our fingers out and start putting pressure on the teams immediately above us. Not much can be said about Alan Stubbs' reliance on Craig and Robrteson, as we'll just have to wait until he sees what the rest of us have seen for some time.

The Livi Lions main strike threat comes from Jordan White who has scored 7 goals in 14 games this season. Indeed over 2012-14 he scored 38 goals in 77 games for Stirling Albion, so he knows where the goals are. And I'm sure that ex-Jambo Gary Glen would love to score against us. In midfield, brothers Kyle and Keaghan Jacobs have come through the Livi youth system to feature regularly. In 2010, they and their brothers, Devon and Sheldon, played for Livingston against Albion Rovers creating a piece of sporting history.

My Hibs team would be:-
Oxley,
Forster, Fontaine, Hanlon,
Gray, Sinclair, McGeouch, Kennedy, Stevenson,
Cummings, Malonga

Stubbs will probably choose Craig and Robertson over Sinclair and Kennedy.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Ritchie's baby 40 years old. Congratulations all round there and hope you have a good party. Thumb up

What's with the late kick off? Is it on the telly box?
ritchiebaby likes this post
It's on Heederum Hoderum TV (BBC Alba to you) at 5.25pm (Sky Channel 143). As they say in their introduction "Le tri puingean rin cosnadh tha Livingston a' dol an aghaidh Hibernian." I'm not sure where the three penguins come into it, but just turn the sound down and you'll get on fine.

Thanks for your good wishes for tomorrow night. I'll do my best to enjoy myself. Angel
Full-time and a satisfactory 0-4 Hibs win v Livy who IMO were one of the poorest Championship sides that we've played against - we should've scored more than four goals but that's a nice wee 'confidence booster' and Hibs are now on a five match unbeaten run - here's hoping the guys keep up the momentum and this unbeaten run continues! A special mention for Boothy who had to take up the CH role in the absence of Fontaine (calf injury) and Forster (broken foot - out for about two months!) Now we know why Hibs were talking to Paul Quinn re a possible transfer!
Maroon 1 and ritchiebaby like this post
Aaaw, wish I'd seen this post earlier. We ended up watching Bradford v Sheff Utd.
Pay attention, Snooty! Tongue I had a great time at the party, even was on the dancefloor thrice (suffering today) and got to bed at 3.30am. Cool

Welcome to 0762 (a magic name!?) and I'm glad to have your input.

I've seen the highlights and we looked fairly comfortable throughout and fully deserved this result. We should be beating most other teams by this kind of scoreline and it's a relief to see that we can do it. The team might have to be re-jigged yet again for next week, if Oxley is recalled by Hull, so another obstacle to be overcome. I'll try to catch the BBC Alba coverage on i-Player later in the week depending on other commitments.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »