Thread Rating:
Another unimpressive start to the Euro footie campaign for Scottish clubs!
Great to see some kinda success v a Bosnian side that does not lose very often at home. However, they play Cypriot opposition in the next round and gone are the days when any Scottish team outwith Celtic fancy their chances against this type of opposition although it looks like a good draw 'on paper'.
Aberdeen 2 Apollon Limassol 1 and a good win for the Dons who played some delightful footie particularly in the 1st half. However, that away goal, following a poor mistake by Shinnie, could prove to be a pivotal moment in this Europa League tie although they took advantage of playing v 10 players in the 2nd half by scoring the winning goal v a very good side that I reckon will win the 2nd leg but by how many goals? This Cypriot team was literally outplaying the Dons in the 2nd half up to the point when their player was red carded after receiving a second yellow card. Shinnie's 25 yard strike/winning goal was sublime - a top corner 'belter'!
Think/hope aberdeen will go through.
I hope they manage to 'scrape through' but must say this Apollon team is a class above the Dons' previous Bosnian opponents and I suspect that additional class will overpower the Dons in the 2nd leg.
Apollon 2 Aberdeen 0 and then there was Celtic remaining the only Scottish footie club in Euro footie AGAIN!! A fighting display by the Dons but it was not to be - lost the early goal to Apollon and they had the advantage and sucked in the Aberdeen pressure.
(03-08-2017, 20:58)0762 Wrote: Apollon 2 Aberdeen 0 and then there was Celtic remaining the only Scottish footie club in Euro footie AGAIN!! A fighting display by the Dons but it was not to be - lost the early goal to Apollon and they had the advantage and sucked in the Aberdeen pressure.

Wasn't impressed by them at all the night. That boy stockley is rotten,why the xxxx does mcinnes play him?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »