Thread Rating:
Date for the result of the BIG TAX CASE
its official the BTC result will be made public on the 5th of July

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2016-0073.html

would be nice to get the title stripping sorted by the start of the new league season Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
I wouldnae be too sure edgie,a lot of money and vested interests in this tax avoidance game.
Confirmed as the cheats we all knew they were.

Scum. Those titles should be voided
Aye! As well as HMRC retrieving as much tax money as poss from BDO, a definite move should be made to formally remove oldco's titles and trophies that are relevant to 'gaining an advantage by unfair means' - DO IT ASAP SFA AND REMOVE FROM THE SCOTTISH FOOTIE RECORD BOOKS!!!
Only in Scotland would they be allowed to get away with this. The SFA will do SFA.

Their bias has been exposed to that cesspit of a club time and again.
I'd add the SPFL officials 'into the mix' as well Jim. The pressure is already mounting for the relative footie authorities to take appropriate action as they were before but now the oldco guilt is formally confirmed in the Supreme Court - it should be a 'game changer'. Note Juve were previously stripped of titles by the Italian footie authorities under similar circumstances of 'cheating to gain an advantage'. IMO there is no difference and our footie authorities should act on this asap! I also noticed the odd Rangers fan who is still desperately clinging to that unqualified previous comment by Judge Nimmo Smith who 'opined' that Rangers had gained no advantage and it was subsequently dismissed out of hand by many other better qualified footie people than him!!!
Thing is hertz and hibs were both denied CL football via there cheating.

They are the biggest cheats in British football history. And a root and branch reform of our game should follow. Total disgrace how they were able to reform as a phoenix club.
The other thing to come out of this is the potential effect this could have on other clubs who used EBTs at the same time. I believe I saw Arsenal had used them at some point but I also think I read they had paid the tax when this type of scheme was first questioned. Not sure if any other team used them on such a scale as Rangers did, also not sure if the fact they paid the tax later removes the need for any further action, but if Rangers are stripped of titles, should other teams who used the same scheme see similar actions in both England and maybe Scotland??
Arsenal and Celtic used the scheme once or twice but paid the tax on the schemes after taking advice. Neither have any case to answer.

I dont know of any other club that used them. And certainly not with side letters to deceive the authorities. (although in this case they were happy to be deceived and I believe completely complicit. The sfa president after all was a recipient.

No this just effects deidco.
0762 likes this post
Genuine question here, if Rangers had also paid the tax due, even if late after some time like the other clubs did, would this have removed the issue anyway?? Of course it hypothetical as I assume it was their inability to pay (amongst other debts) this bill that caused their demise in the first place??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »