Thread Rating:
Trump Watch activated!
I feel that Barrack Obama was the president that the USA really required during this period of crisis that is sadly gonna shake the country "to its foundations" and god knows what the final casualty list will be in a health service situation where their whole system of divisive health provision will be exposed as being inadequate and ill-prepared for such a massive health threat that nobody could've foreseen although I'm assuming that some kinda formal pandemic strategy and document had been prepared years ago, much like in the UK, and some of the confidential details I read and covered over a decade ago in a local govt capacity and prayed it would never happen in my life time.
NEW: Stunning unemployment figures from the United States. 3.3 million registered for unemployment benefits in a single week.

The previous record was 695,000 in a week in 1982.
(26-03-2020, 17:59)hibeejim21 Wrote: NEW: Stunning unemployment figures from the United States. 3.3 million registered for unemployment benefits in a single week.

The previous record was 695,000 in a week in 1982.

No surprise with these numbers. Retail, bars and restaurants are shutdown in nearly 50% of the country, virtually all those people are hourly workers who will not get paid if they do not work, so they are now eligible to claim unemployment benefits. A lot of these people will automatically get their jobs back once the restrictions are lifted, but unfortunately some will not.

There are also reports over here that this isn't the true number either as the government are unable to process claims quick enough. They are estimating here in California that the true number just for that one state is over 1m for last week!!
States expected to hit 100,000 deaths until this started never took much interest in their politics but having seen them all would void the ballot paper they are all crap. Only person I have seen with any credibility is Andrew Cuomo Governor of NY straight talking highly impressive
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(26-03-2020, 22:59)themaclad Wrote: States expected to hit 100,000 deaths until this started never took much interest in their politics but having seen them all would void the ballot paper they are all crap. Only person I have seen with any credibility is Andrew Cuomo Governor of NY straight talking highly impressive

Cuomo is not particularly liked over here so not sure we will see him run anytime soon. He is from a long time political family, his father was Governor of NY for three terms back in the 80s/90s. He has also seen a lot of corruption in his administration although not him personally so far. I wonder if he is the perfect wartime leader, a bit like Churchill, and this is his time to shine due to his straight talking and combative style.
Italian New Yorkers and corruption would never had guessed
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(27-03-2020, 16:46)themaclad Wrote: Italian New Yorkers and corruption would never had guessed

More lazy stereotyping.
Just seen that the Governor of Georgia (one of those who had refused thus far to issue a stay-at-home order) has just said that both he and his chief medical advisor (a doctor no less) have only just found out that people who have the virus but are showing no symptoms are nonetheless also contagious... and that this is "a game changer".

Laugh Huh
(03-04-2020, 15:24)hibeejim21 Wrote: Just seen that the Governor of Georgia (one of those who had refused thus far to issue a stay-at-home order) has just said that both he and his chief medical advisor (a doctor no less) have only just found out that people who have the virus but are showing no symptoms are nonetheless also contagious... and that this is "a game changer".

Laugh  Huh

And to add, Georgia is where the CDC are based!!!!!
Add this guy to the Governor of Texas who apparently stated that "your grand parents should be sacrificed for the greater good of the American economy"!!!??? That just "beggar's belief" if true!! Who are these people and where were they brought up eh!!!??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »