Thread Rating:
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation!
Sturgeon advising against travel to north of England. These localised lockdowns are fair enough but they just point to the Spanish quarantine thing being daft, there are areas of Spain like the islands that are far safer than parts of England.

Boris and Hancock are pushing the '2nd wave in Europe' line as part of their Brexit strategy but truth is we haven't left our first wave thanks to the efforts of this clown car government.
I thought Hancock's announcement last night was wrongly timed and the mixed message to the people of Greater Manchester and outlying areas was unimpressive - fed another one of those messages with not enough detail. IMO Hancock does not inspire at all and that failure spans way back to when he was with the May govt.
He wasn't so worried about the first wave and kept cheltenham open to appease his posh horsey mates, causing innumerable deaths.

c**t.

Riddle me this though - In the run-up to the coronavirus lockdown announced on the evening of 23 March, fewer than 300 people arriving in the UK were quarantined. Thats with skiers from northern Italy and the alps, holiday makers from Spain and Athletico fans from Madrid going to Liverpool all in the mix. No one being given info on self isolating if they had symptoms.

This was because they were planning to follow 'classic Dom's' herd immunity strategy when it hit the UK.
Getting back to Nicola, I'm glad to hear that she laid into the Aberdeen players who stupidly broke Covid guidelines, but why did she not get stuck into all youngsters who are irresponsible, careless morons when they get drink into them? My sincere answer would be that she knows full well that they are more likely to be future SNP voters and she's scared to "offend" them.
It seems obvious to me that the biggest danger to Scotland (and the UK) keeping on top of the situation is the behaviour of a substantial minority of youngsters.
Cabbage is still good for you
I'd guess it's because the Aberdeen players were drinking in a place that was source of the outbreak up there, and has caused a lock down in the city.

The y behaved like idiots and deserved calling out for it.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
(10-08-2020, 09:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: I'd guess it's because the Aberdeen players were drinking in a place that was source of the outbreak up there, and has caused a lock down in the city.

The y behaved like idiots and deserved calling out for it.

That's true, jim, but it wasn't just them. Once again football is a convenient "fall guy" for society's ills.
Cabbage is still good for you
(09-08-2020, 23:25)ritchiebaby Wrote: Getting back to Nicola, I'm glad to hear that she laid into the Aberdeen players who stupidly broke Covid guidelines, but why did she not get stuck into all youngsters who are irresponsible, careless morons when they get drink into them? My sincere answer would be that she knows full well that they are more likely to be future SNP voters and she's scared to "offend" them.
It seems obvious to me that the biggest danger to Scotland (and the UK) keeping on top of the situation is the behaviour of a substantial minority of youngsters.

I would just add that we're looking at the discipline of the populace being rigid in recognising the warnings and adhering to the formal instructions from the First Minister, the Deputy CMO, the Chief Clinical Officer and the Health Minister. The FM has been clear re what is expected and the narrative is generally directed at everyone incl these footballers who thought they were different from any other compliant Scottish citizen. They now realise that they are not different, after being vilified from various official quarters incl their own footie club, and must comply to the rules just like anyone else - absolutely right!
And Janey Godley doing her usual satirical "slagging off" of the perpetrators lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9JKeLHDcM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53733180

Now Celtic's Bolingoli violates the lockdown rules and plays v Killie - DOHHHHHHHH!!! I concur with Jim that Scot footie is on the brink of being shut down again and BOYYYYYYY DO THEY DESERVE IT BUT SADLY DUE TO THE STUPID ACTIONS OF A MINORITY OF OFFENDERS WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
St Mirren v Celtic - postponed! Aberdeen v Hamilton Accies - postponed! Aberdeen v Celtic - postponed! Neil Lennon commenting he and Celtic officials livid and Scot footie now on a yellow card with little scope to manoeuvre any more. Yep, no doubt!! Scotland's Chief Clinical Officer, Jason Leitch, has visited all Scot Prem clubs and managers + club captains told "where they stand" in this crisis and what is required of them and the player staff - a case of nae messing aboot any mair OR ELSE!!
What an absolute tube that boy was, to go off to Spain without telling his club and risking his teammates and others health blatantly like that ??!!! He should be facing the boot. As with the incident at Aberdeen it was always going to have repercussions. They are both lucky the games haven't been forfeited. Lennon was clearly raging with the player from his interview.

Thing is you just wonder how many other staff from other clubs have broken the lockdown like Ritchie says. I'd wager more than just these guys. But a line has been drawn now and any other breaches and I reckon sturgeon (who looked at her wits end the day) will shut the whole thing down. The odds are stacked against the season being seen out anyway IMO, but these idiots are making it even more difficult.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »