Thread Rating:
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation!
For those wishing independence on basing your wealth on oil, the price of black gold at the moment is 2 dollars a barrel
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Panic over it’s US oil
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

The number of actual physical barrels being traded at this prices is very low. Most of May delivery barrels are contracted in the $20s/barrel and even above. Julys are at $27.

Note : This drop is down to traders not being able to take actual physical delivery at the moment, you might have heard about this pandemic thing going around.
Many people who want to see an independent Scotland are still obsessed by the "It's Scotland's oil" trope of the 1970s. Many will no doubt claim that "it will make no difference" and we should use every last drop. Oil revenue was always a bonus to the Scot economy and it contributes to under 10% of Scot GDP. Of course, it's not Scotland's oil - it's Shell's, Exxon's and BP's oil. And yes, we could tax them and yes, we could create an Oil Fund, something that should've been initiated about 40 years ago much like Norway's massive trillion+ pound fund. We are 40 years too late!! Other industries, and non-industries have far more potential and a far less destructive impact. But our problem isn't just the obsession with oil, but climate polluters, and the exertion of corporate power. Just look at the damning positive indicators on climate and pollution of our planet as a result of the forced "lockdowns" worldwide. Even the changes in behaviour of wildlife and birds etc is "eye dropping" and sending out a strong message of the folly of human interference on our planet's well-being.
What's this about a Nike conference in Edinburgh and 10 people tested positive for Coronavirus but Nicola Sturgeon refused to tell the public because it would patient confidentially. How would it be patient confidentially to say that there are 10 people who tested positive for Coronavirus at a Nike conference in Edinburgh. Surely that would alert the public and bring in social distancing earlier. Something doesn't add up.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Without knowing about the Nike conference in February, this was one of my points at the beginning. Nike would have the details of attendees, so surely everyone who was at the conference should have been tested. One of Nicola's big mistakes in my opinion.
Cabbage is still good for you
(20-05-2020, 13:09)spireitematt Wrote: What's this about a Nike conference in Edinburgh and 10 people tested positive for Coronavirus but Nicola Sturgeon refused to tell the public because it would patient confidentially. How would it be patient confidentially to say that there are 10 people who tested positive for Coronavirus at a Nike conference in Edinburgh. Surely that would alert the public and bring in social distancing earlier. Something doesn't add up.

I believe eight of the infected parties were Scottish and they were subsequently traced through an "independent" medical investigation team in a formal process that is recognised and would be deployed in the event of such an incident. The investigators traced and dealt with the Scottish individuals who were affected and didn't reveal their details because they would be easily identified from the region of Scotland where they resided eg if one person came from Tayside and was named, it is likely that his/her identity would be picked up by an aggressive hack or other party of similar ilk - hence the issue of patient confidentiality being breached by the "independent" investigation team, not the Scottish FM!! Other individuals at that meeting were from overseas and their information was passed on to the relative authorities as per the recognised process of action following such an event. Of course it was not a perfect scenario but I'd suggest, having read (in a local govt capacity), years ago, a previous local govt confidential doc on the strategy to cover a worst pandemic than this one, that consideration re alarming the public was well highlighted in that doc. I assume the current document has been amended to a more robust strategy than the one that I read. And the fact it is an evolving process was well highlighted and emphasised that the strategy would be fraught with difficulty in dealing with it effectively and acting as quickly and as practically possible. Mistakes will likely be made (in bold letters!!!!) during the period of implementation of such an emergency strategy - of course they will!! Just a flavour of what MOPs will never see or be made aware of in such a massive crisis that, in this case globally, has been witnessed in over a century. May I also add that I have just been made aware, following an antibody test, that I contracted COVID-19 in Feb 2020 as well and do you know where I reckon I contracted it - at the Scottish Cup tie at Tannadice, Dundee United v Hibs. My son, who accompanied me, contracted it too but with slightly different symptoms. I'm just finally recovering from the after effects now (had every symptom described by Nicola, Jason Leitch, the Scot CMO and felt like shit for weeks and weeks!!) but never knew if it was COVID-19 because I was never tested. Lotsa Hibs fans exchanged info after that cup tie when we were all crammed together in a typical Scot Cup atmosphere - many fans on Hibs social media asked the same question re being ill days after that match and it never "twigged" with me at the time - you "live and learn"!! I'm just glad I'm over it and it didn't attack my chest but went for my throat and sinuses to the point of blood clotting on occasions - a little bastard of a persistent virus and remember I'm referring to a match way back in late February!! Not f###### funny!!Thumb down
Reading recent comments from an eminent female doctor from Co Durham, Dr Mackenzie (a good Scottish surname), who professed that lotsa people in Co Durham and indeed in the north of England were more "in tune" with Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, than they were with the COVID-19 advice from the Brit govt, Johnson and his cohorts, and do not trust their advice/strategy at all (less than 30% of the northern populace are apparently unimpressed!). That made me chuckle but it is rather sad TBF!! Note the percentage of positive belief in the FM's leadership, through this crisis, in the Scottish populace is about 80%.
I noticed that last week (Wed?) a bill was brought forward in the Westminster Parliament calling for the weekly testing of all NHS and care staff in England. 331 Tories voted against the motion and that INCLUDED ALL THE SCOT TORY MPS - Jack, Mundell, Bowie, Duguid, Lamont and Ross - all voted against and, wonder of wonders, NOBODY FROM THE BBC DOORSTEPPED THE SCOT CONSERVATIVE LEADER, CARLAW, FOR A COMMENT?????? Why? This is the same guy who had been "banging on" to the Scot FM re the same testing issue every week at FMQs!!!!!!!!! Anybody surprised re another bbc challenge being conveniently sidestepped Rolleyes
"there is no border between Scotland and England"

Oh but there is Boris, otherwise English law would apply in Scotland you xxxx muppet. Just another example of the poisonous 'Ein Volk, Ein Reich' type discourse coming from Westminster currently.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »