Thread Rating:
Wait over, 3:4 , win in last minute, third time.....
Not Hibs but a familiar story.........well done to the Chicago Cubs who ended a 108 year wait by taking the World Series for the third time in their history.

They had been 1:3 down but came back to win in a last minute extra innings last night.

The game was played in Cleveland but Cubs fans immediately went down to their home park, " Wrigley Field"  to start writing names of loved ones on the walls who never saw this day.......plus disbelief that they would ever see the event.

Cabbage fans know exactly how they are feeling.........ain't 2016 a great year.   Smile

Go Cubs
GGTTH

ps  Why didn't I have a treble at the start of the year...........Hibs to lift the Scottish Cup, Cubs to win the World Series and Leicester City to win the EPL..........what odds??   Wink
0762 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
brilliant.
Hibs should 'twin' themselves with the Cubs and form the 'historic 108 year comeback club' eh lol! What a great story and one that we've personally experienced 'on the front line' ourselves and how memorable and exhilarating when it all came right in the end!! Thumb up
As a long suffering Cubs fan I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am this morning but it also comes with a bit of disbelief as well!!!! I have supported the Cubs for 15 years after I moved to Chicago in 2001 and even though I now live in California I am still a Cubby through and through!! Got to admit to shedding a tear or two last night watching the amazing scenes after that crazy game!!! Just got to figure out now if I can find any excuse to get back to Chicago for the victory parade!!
You'll have to try and make it SCO. Memories of the day and the parade in Edinburgh after Hibs did it after a 100 year plus wait will be with me to my dying day.
"FOREVER UNITED"
God I am so tempted!! I flew back to England to see Wednesday in the playoff final earlier this year and I'm not sure I can justify the couple of thousand dollars it would cost to fly back for this one!!! My daughter is going as she still lives there, maybe I pass the torch onto her for this one!!
Justify it by wanting to see your daughter. Wink
"FOREVER UNITED"
(03-11-2016, 16:48)newhavenhibby Wrote: Justify it by wanting to see your daughter.    Wink

Nice thought but I am seeing her for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks already!!!
HerefordBull likes this post
(03-11-2016, 16:57)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 16:48)newhavenhibby Wrote: Justify it by wanting to see your daughter.    Wink

Nice thought but I am seeing her for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks already!!!

Not sure of airline prices in the states sco but as newhavenhibby says the memories something like this gives you will stay with you for ever.
And honestly you will kick your self if you don't go. You can't put a price on this one you e gotta go . Watching the hibs video even the players from outside Scotland could not believe the fans response at the parade through Edinburgh close on 200 000 turned out on the Sunday in Edinburgh just a mind blowing experience for the whole Hibees Family.

Hope this helps you sco
Probably payment for the flights would help more bounce. Big Grin
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »