Thread Rating:
Hibs v Livingston - 05/04/16
There's no time to spend dwelling over today's draw as we now move on to Tuesday night's match against Livingston. This is the first of our 3 games in hand over Falkirk and we are looking for the win to be 3 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Two one-goal wins and a draw against a team that is 26 points behind us in the table is not good enough in my eyes and we have only one chance to improve on that. Cummings and El Alagui have shown enough to be worthy of a start together in my opinion. Logan wasn't even on the bench today, and I hope he was getting some extra training to be in with a shout of some first team action this coming week. If he wasn't, then why not? He's obviously been brought in with a specific match in mind, so let's make sure he's ready.
Cabbage is still good for you
Yep. Jason and Farid up front is a good call and I reckon lotsa Hibs fans concur with that view. However, I fear that Farid is still being gradually weaned to full match fitness which means he won't start on Tuesday night. I didn't intend to attend this match but feel compelled to add my support to a Hibs team that really needs to win and win it well v opposition that we should be 'burying with aplomb' - something that we've not been doing and I ageee that situ has become unacceptable and has to be remedied pronto.
Well, we did what we had to do but at the cost of losing El Alagui to injury. It took the introduction of Boyle midway through the second half to really galvanise Hibs and truly test a stuffy Livingston side. Having said that, Hibs had plenty of chances before then to put the game to bed, but the usual profligacy in front of goal raised my blood pressure far too often. Results are all that matters now, so another 3 points on Saturday is the next priority.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
Just back and Hibs earned a well deserved 2-1 win after losing the usual 'sucker punch goal'. Stubbsy did indeed start Farid for a change and no surprise to me that he was injured and hauled off during the 1st half! We'll see if it's hopefully just a minor injury but was this move the correct one to give him a start? We must have had about 14-15 shots on goal and amazingly the two goals we scored were cracking right foot shots from o/s the Livy pen box. The second goal by Martin Boyle was a 'stunner' in the top left corner of the Livy goal. However, lotsa easier scoring chances missed as Hibs cranked up the pressure in the second half but no takers, no predatory pen box striker!!!! I've previously said somebody is gonna be at the wrong end of a 'tanking'  by Hibs but oh to have an on form pen box striker like Sparky or similar!!! Still, job done and we've won!   :up:  Next match: Alloa.

GGTTH
That was some xxxx hit from Boyle the night,and the team showed some urgency finally going forward 2nd half.

Hope farids ok.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »