Thread Rating:
Scotland v Samoa - 36-33: what a match!
Wowwwww!!!!!! The WRU now confirm that the last min pen decision by Joubert was wrong and a scrum should've been called!!! Doh  IMO the SA ref didn't have the strength of character to reverse his decision and he had the opportunity to do exatly that - a coward who absconded after denying us an epic victory v the Aussies! IMO he realised he'd made a huge error!
Love that decision to say the call was wrong!! If only football would do that once in a while as well!! I do hope though that that is the end of it as far as Scotland are concerned, I don't want to see any calls for any action beyond this verdict aside from more training for the refs and maybe an expansion of the video replays, the result should stand and the tournament should continue as planned.
I don't think it would be fair on Australia to touch the match result as it wasn't their doing, but this should be used to highlight some significant issues that exist in Rugby Union that could be rectified. The refereeing and review of ref performances has been highly suspect to me for a long time, while the proliferation of penalties for infractions that often amount to minor and accidental rule breaches is too much of a determining factor in matches.

I agree with pretty much everything Devongone said, with the game being allowed to evolve into little more than interchangeable slabs of meat slamming into one another while the ref gives marginal calls to decide the outcome.
St Charles Owl likes this post
Yep. Sadly it's us again who are on the wrong end of a bad call by a so called reputable referee! This must rank as one of the biggest stories in the long history of Scottish rugby!! The galling part of this whole story is the fact that a written off Scotland team actually showed up for a huge QF match v Australia and prob deserved to win it due to their never say die effort that has been rarely seen by Scottish fans but their glorious win was disappointingly ruined by a referee who was not up to the job! IMO Australia was the better rugby team but sometimes the better team does not get it's reward and yesterday's match was definitely the case until this crass referee stepped in to alter the result in Australia's favour! This injustice is a hard one to swallow for any Scotland fan but we do have to move on.
El Car and St Charles Owl like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »