Thread Rating:
Hibernian v Dundee United
Hibs have been drawn at Easter Road v Dundee United in the quarter finals of the wee cup. Tie to be played in last week of October but tie of the round will be JT's v Celtic at the pbs.

Another high scoring game?? Wink

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
What a peach of a draw, exactly the same QF draw as last season, but United are in disarray and their team is unrecognisable compared with the team that played out that great 4-4 draw. Their heroic goalie in that match has even absconded from their team. And it's a home match - a favourable draw indeed! Thumb up
likes this post
Lets go one better than last season great game last year wrong result lets hope they get the ticket prices right for this one.

GGTTH
Aye 0762 , as long as the new manager doesn't come in and galvanise them.

They haven't looked the same side since Celtic came calling.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! That will be the main threat exeterhibby but IMO our home draw is priceless - delighted we're playing this QF tie at ER again against hopefully a demoralised group of United players. It's a win-win situation for me anyway - if we win, great, and Hibs can earn even more extra revenue from a lucrative semi-final match! And if we lose, tough - I won't lose any sleep if we're dumped out of this tourney anyway - a major league distraction discarded and we can focus fully on our second priority: our Scottish Cup campaign when a lotta missing 1st team squad players may well return to the fold by December.
I see that this game is scheduled for Wednesday 4 November at 7.45pm, although the ties were originally scheduled for 27 and 28 October. The November date is perfect for me, as I'll be there and looking forward to another committed Hibs performance - and victory!
Cabbage is still good for you
They got beat by a awful partick thistle side the day,anyone who comes in is going to have a big job on their hands. We have a real chance to make the semi's.

I don't feel that sorry for them to be honest. They got good money for ciftci and armstrong and mackay steven was in and out their side. Yes it takes time to adjust when you lose players but they should have been doing better.
(28-09-2015, 16:38)exeterhibby Wrote: Aye 0762 , as long as the new manager doesn't come in and galvanise them.

They haven't looked the same side since Celtic came calling.

GGTTH

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/dundee-united

So it comes to pass that Mixu becomes the new United manager and I reckon he was not Thompson's 1st choice either. I wonder if Russell Latapy will be appointed as Mixu's assistant manager - just another little Hibs coincidence leading in to our QF confrontation with United next month!
Well United got their 1st win v Ross County on Saturday under Mixu. So they've got a wee lift before they play us on Wednesday night. I watched the bbc highlights of their game and they are a shadow of the team that I observed in last season's 4-4 QF draw! They give the ball away very cheaply and their winning pen was a rather innocuous affair - avoidable from County's point of view! My only concern is how much yesterday's win has taken out of our players. I watched John McGinn's post match interview and he said the boys had given everything to get the result! It looks like we'll also be without Dylan McGeouch. So I'd take nothing for granted although I firmly believe if we play well then we'll win this game with a bit to spare. Here's hoping and wondering what team Stubbs will choose to start against United.
All being well, I'd have a back three of McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine with Gray and Stevenson on the flanks, a midfield of Bartley, McGinn and Henderson, with Cummings and Keatings up front. United are still beatable and another committed performance from Hibs is required.

I'll be up for this match looking for another Premiership scalp. GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »