Thread Rating:
Hibs v Aberdeen - 23/09/15
Hibs host Aberdeen in a Scottish League Cup tie on Wednesday night, 7.45pm kick-off.  I fancy being up for my first match of the season and what better game to see than Hibs causing an upset. I've now got a big choice to make - train at a cost of £11.20 or bus totally free. No contest - I'll put up with the extra half-hour on the bus!

No contest would seem to be the sensible verdict for the game as well. Aberdeen are 5 points clear at the top of the Premiership after today's stroll against Hearts. Hibs are third in the Championship, 9 points behind the leaders. There's obviously a big gap in achievement between the two sides, but, as Japan's stunning victory over South Africa in the Rugby World Cup shows, that means nothing. The game is there for the taking IF Hibs play as they can and IF (and that's a big if) we can score the early goals our play in previous matches warrants. The realist in me expects another 3-1 win for Aberdeen in the capital, but as an eternal optimist, I also believe we can do it on the night. I'm sure there will plenty of goals in this match, let's hope Hibs score their fair share.

My team would be:-

Oxley,
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Bartley,
McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson,
Cummings, Keatings.

Subs - Fyvie, Boyle, Feruz (or Anier).

PS - I was tempted to add Forster to the back line at the expense of Cummings, but that might be paying Aberdeen too much respect, and I have always believed we should be playing our style of game at home and not theirs.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I don't think we need worry about this game too much in the scheme of things,the pressure is off so hopefully the players will put on a show against one of the top teams in the country.

I might be wrong but i think mcinnes might play some of his fringe players in this one. Our team picks itself currently until we get more options up top, More games they play the better.
Be a proper test for our squad. 2-1 hibs
Looks a fair side Ritchie and anybody up front except Malonga !

Should be a good test to see where we are at against a quality side. Hibs have a tendency to raise their standard for this type of game so hope we can sneak it.

'mon the Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I'm heading for the East Stand on Wednesday night and will be curious to see what Hibs team Stubbs opts for as well. I don't think McInnes will be the only manager who is looking at fringe players but we'll wait n see? Give me another match like last season's spectacular QF tie v Dundee United and I'll leave ER Stadium a very satisfied fan indeed. The big difference now is the fact we're missing a hugely dynamic player like Scott Allan who deservedly earned the MOTM award at the end of that match. I'll predict a 4-4 draw and see lightning striking twice at ER!
I thought our game was tie of the round but seems impossible to move the bbc cameras from ibrox these days.
likes this post
(22-09-2015, 19:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: I thought our game was tie of the round but seems impossible to move the bbc cameras from ibrox these days.

There set in stone now Jim. Same as the press whenever they talk to Stubbs about any game they always want to talk about sevco. Only to be expected of a side which will challenge Barcelona in Europe within 2 years.    Laugh
"FOREVER UNITED"
They're even must be a carrot crunching thing!
(22-09-2015, 22:44)exeterhibby Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 19:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: I thought our game was tie of the round but seems impossible to move the bbc cameras from ibrox these days.

There set in stone now Jim. Same as the press whenever they talk to Stubbs about any game they always want to talk about sevco. Only to be expected of a side which will challenge Barcelona in Europe within 2 years.    Laugh

Looks like pep warbiola with his 'revolutionary' attacking fitba and 16 hour days came a cropper tonight EH,despite the rangers TV standard commentary i quite enjoyed watching that.

It underlines that we really need to start getting our act together this season. They are way overrated,their defence in particular is there for the taking. No way will they be able to play that style of football in the top flight.

As for the 'wonder kids' oduwa and zelelem ?.... I don't think so.
(21-09-2015, 21:11)0762 Wrote: I'm heading for the East Stand on Wednesday night and will be curious to see what Hibs team Stubbs opts for as well. I don't think McInnes will be the only manager who is looking at fringe players but we'll wait n see? Give me another match like last season's spectacular QF tie v Dundee United and I'll leave ER Stadium a very satisfied fan indeed. The big difference now is the fact we're missing a hugely dynamic player like Scott Allan who deservedly earned the MOTM award at the end of that match. I'll predict a 4-4 draw and see lightning striking twice at ER!

I'll be in the East Stand as well with my pay-as-you-go ticket. And Exeter is coming up too. If you're agreeable, perhaps we could all meet up sometime in the Spring at Easter Road along with anyone else interested. I've met up with struth and maroon already, so why not? (not forgetting Amelia, Snooty, Wakey and Mitzi at Huddersfield).

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »