Thread Rating:
Rangers squad
Think you have responded to both then lol
(09-06-2015, 18:31)Fredstersafool Wrote: Bell,Wallace,Zaliukas,Templeton,McGregor,Shiels,miller,Murdoch,aird,Walsh and Clark,so that's eleven of the 19 so only a few haha you got a clue or what,to be fair yer right they couldn't beat you when it mattered and yer keeper takes all the credit for that.

Shiels Aird Murdoch Walsh and Clark for that matter, were not regular features for most of the season, so i am right in my assumption!
OK, so the first new additions have been made by new manager Mark Warburton. The full list of first team players - as quoted on Wikipedia - are as follows:

1 GK Cammy Bell
4 MF Fraser Aird
5 DF Lee Wallace
7 MF Nicky Law
11 MF David Templeton
14 FW Nicky Clark
18 FW Kenny Miller
19 MF Barrie McKay
21 MF Robbie Crawford
22 FW Dean Shiels
24 DF Darren McGregor
26 DF Marius Žaliūkas
30 FW Calum Gallagher
32 GK Liam Kelly
34 MF Andy Murdoch
38 DF Craig Halkett
48 MF Tom Walsh
49 DF Ryan Sinnamon
52 FW Ryan Hardie
—  DF Rob Kiernan
—  DF Danny Wilson

Those players could form a team along the lines of this - obvious amendments could be Clark for Miller, Templeton taken away and shot out of sympathy and Shiels pushed further forward.

[Image: 230615135201.png]

Are we expecting any of the youngsters to make their mark this season coming - Kelly, Aird, Crawford, Murdoch, Halkett, McKay, Sinnamon, Hardie or Gallacher? Would like to think that Murdoch can step up to the demands of the new regime at least.

Will be interesting to see how players like Zaliukas and McGregor cope with things, as well as Shiels and Templeton. I suspect their days are numbered unless they apply themselves with distinction in the coming weeks.

We live in interesting times, in a positive way for a change.
I honestly believe warburton could be a good thing for Temps, having the game played on the deck will suit him. As you say it's all about application though. Hopefully Gasporotto will get a chance this season too, but i would like to see a keeper in also.
Aye coops, all about how they react to the challenge of a new regime. Got to be last chance saloon for Templeton by now though.

As I said elsewhere, every area of our team needs strengthened, even competition for Wallace is needed.
Coops Temps is a one half player,he was the same at Hearts he'd be excellent and you'd be sitting thinking he'll tear strips out of the opposition second half but he'd just disappear from them game,I thought going to Gers would bring improvement from him but he's the same player.
He hasn't played for a passing side though Fred. That might be what his game needs.
I hope he gets better I just don't see it Coop,I loved the laddie at Hearts but he just became frustrating,and when Gers paid that cash for him (suspected £500-£700k) I thought it was xmas.
I think we'll get shot of him if there's an offer. Templeton's confidence has been a problem for him and I don't think Warburton's philosophy will allow for someone lacking in self-belief. I can even see him being released if we sign someone else in his position. We'll see what happens when Warburton gets to see him early on in training though and he might yet have a chance to redeem himself.

I have to agree with Fred though - any time he starts a match I know he'll be hooked in the 2nd half. It became clear he was at his most useful when we brought him on later in the game, but for some reason our various managers never seemed to do this as much as they might have.
Swap him for Scott Allan Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »