Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
Re the BBC QT, so much for providing a balanced audience. Maybe they were concerned that if it was indeed "balanced", and a lotta frustrated and irate remain folk were there to tell a lot of "gammon" idiots, "I told you so", there might have been a full-scale riot. However, it's more probable that one of those senior BBC Tory infiltrators forced that skewed image of Brexit being so wonderful when most of the population are well aware of the lie, the con that it really is and the fact Labour and Tory leaders alike don't even wanna debate the subject any more - it is truly the "elephant in the room" that has affected so many elements attached to our economic woes and there other hassle factors affecting so many people - too many to mention! And it will not go away unless some brave soul makes it disappear politically i.e. re-negotiate. We'll eventually do it in Scotland, it's just a case of when - we're not going down with the good ship Brexit-Britanic even though there clearly a lot of pro-Brexit-Union nutters who think it is normal!!
(24-06-2023, 12:02)hibeejim21 Wrote: What was highly illustrative was the question time special with brexit voters in Clacton on sea ( i know i know)

You had one auld dear ranting about how our guys couldn't go up on roofs without safety equipment, some fat gammon moaning about immigrants going "straight to the benefits office on arrival" (an obvious lie that wasn't challenged) and a woman who thought it was good we weren't involved in "investment".

That's before you get to the lies and crap being spewed out by Ben Habib (including accusing the Irish government of threatening violence) and "legitimate concerns about immigration" from some labour shill.

Conclusion? = Clacton has a serious inbreeding problem and Commander Farage is the greatest British political figure since Winston.

One thing to also mention re that skewed BBC QT prog set up is that no Brit govt representative took up the BBC's invitation to attend this QT broadcast in Clacton-on-sea. Immediately after this volatile event, one of the BBC panellists, Alistair Campbell, slammed the Tories on Twitter for not facing up to the audience - NOTHING BUT POLITICAL COWARDS!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/we-...9bc4&ei=50

This is what should actually happen and let common sense finally prevail, but Brexit will not be quashed as this whole conspiracy of self-harm will not be allowed by the conspirators and political/media accomplices who have been in on this con from the very beginning.
We haven't had a guvinmint willing to fully embrace metric (km's instead of miles, per se) since our half-arsed embrace of it in the 1970's when we dropped £sd for £p's, despite the fact that kids for yonks have grown up with the metric system. They are all 1m something (between 1.50 and 1.90 for the most part) and weigh in at somewhere in the 60-80 kg range which is 9.5 - 12.5 stone to us Neanderthals. A few might be a tad over that range or beyond the mythical range of the BMI scale.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ba...3a2c&ei=17

I've come to the conclusion that many of these deluded Brexit idiots/con merchants actually believe the bullshit that comes out of their mouths or they live in some parallel universe that is different from the one that I live in.
They choose to robotically continue the lie, that they have all been programmed to believe, as they don't have the brains to think for themselves or see the bleeding obvious.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I notice a recent report from the National Bureau of Economic Research has highlighted the fact THAT BREXIT IS ESTIMATED TO HAVE REDUCED THE UK's ECONOMIC OUTPUT/GDP BY 6-11% MORE THAN THE 4% ESTIMATED BY THE OFFICE FOR BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY.
This is a LOSS OF £2K-£3.5K PER PERSON PER ANNUM. To place this in context, THE UK SPENT £3477 ON THE NHS PER PERSON IN 2021. If we didn't have Brexit, we could have used this extra growth to double expenditure in the NHS, raising the salaries of doctors and nurses, expanding the capacity to reduce waiting times, and to purchase more drugs and equipment. Every day we hear about the crisis in the NHS. THOSE WHO ACTIVELY PROMOTED BREXIT WITH THE PROMISE OF "SUNNY UPLANDS" SHOULD BE HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR THE ECONOMIC DISASTER OUR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EU HAS CREATED.
More and more people must be made aware of this damning revelation together with many other criticisms to add to a huge list in a comprehensive condemnation of this conspiracy to deceive. TELL A FRIEND!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/br...643d&ei=13

A record majority against Brexit now???? It's well over 75% in Scotland, a sovereign country with a population that firmly rejected this idiotic conspiracy of economic and political self-harm in 2019, but still had it arrogantly "shoved down our throats" with no consultation with our own democratically elected govt in Edinburgh!!!! What amazes me is the fact there are millions of Brexit dimwits in England who still believe in this folly that any savvy free-thinking person can easily see through as a con - DOHHHHHH!!!!!
As some European official said recently "when the UK was in it wanted lots of opt outs, and now its out it wants lots of opt-ins".  Laugh
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the...0c308&ei=9

The truth painful re the Brexit lie for leavers?????? What about the real pain and frustration for politically and economically savvy folk (millions n millions of us!!) who knew it was a downright lie, a con, from day one!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »