Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
In reality, that commemorative minted Brexit coin that was touted for long enough should've had the words, "ISOLATED, WORSE OFF, DIVIDED" etched on it!!
Looks like Manchester City may have took Brexit too seriously
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
….but City already lodging an appeal against that 2 year CL ban!
(15-02-2020, 01:01)0762 Wrote: ….but City already lodging an appeal against that 2 year CL ban!

And so they should!!! Accused by UEFA, investigated by UEFA and then found guilty by UEFA - the same body cannot and should not act in all three phases of a case like this.
Not many clubs I detest more than Abu Dhabi city.
But are they guilty and deserving of the charge and the punishment??? IMO they'll prob end up being heavily fined but that's me being cynical!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/th...spartandhp

This article is a vg "read" and some of the UK govt officials' comments to the EU absolutely reek of hypocrisy when one reflects back at all the lying bullshit that these Brexit chancers "dreamt up" from the very beginning incl the "lie" on the red bus. Is there still a Brexit opposition that is accountable??? Well there is certainly still huge opposition in Scotland against Brexit and it is increasing. The synergy up here is easily identified as anti-Brexit linked to a huge hatred of a pompous shitheid and unelected Brit PM called Johnson - a major recruiting sergeant for the Scotindy movement!! Apparently Johnson has forked out millions to put "pro union" ads on lotsa cinema screens up here!!!???? Thumb down In all my years I've never perceived anything like this propaganda that reminds me of stuff that was practised in the likes of Hitler's Germany a la Goebbel's propaganda machine. I'm thinking what non-obligatory Scot cinema goers are gonna do if this kinda political "shit" is actually shamelessly "pulled" in this way!! Do lots of the Scot audience sing "la la la la la la la la la" lol!! Or do we visit the cinema manager "en masse" and tell him "we don't like this political bullshit. Therefore stop it or we won't visit your cinema again"! Plus what about such a flagrant waste of money while our Scot govt is continuously trying to mitigate the worst effects of austerity measures on deprived families and vulnerable citizens up here - DISGRACEFUL!!
The EU are keeping the Schengen Zone open which I think is a bad idea because they need to shut the borders in the whole of Europe and there should be monitoring at each border to contain coronavirus to stop the spread of it. Austria have stopped all trains going to or through Italy.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(24-02-2020, 21:05)spireitematt Wrote: The EU are keeping the Schengen Zone open which I think is a bad idea because they need to shut the borders in the whole of Europe and there should be monitoring at each border to contain coronavirus to stop the spread of it. Austria have stopped all trains going to or through Italy.

I think closing Schengen would be an over reaction. Localised shutdowns as is being seen in some towns in Northern Italy or the early closing of the Venice Carnival make sense, but a wholesale shutting down of Europe is unnecessary at this point. There are less than 300 confirmed cases in Europe and just 35 in the US so far, those numbers don't justify doing anymore than is being done at the moment.
BREAKING Negotiating mandate agreed EU-side.

That can't be right - I thought the EU were in disarray.

The EUs gloves are about to come off now and they are going to sock it to this pariah right wing basket case nation. They held back to see if Labour offering a second referendum and close customs partnership would change things but the UK chose racism, xenophobia and Brexit instead.

Johnson said EU citizens should not be at home here and won a majority. This is where the UK wants to spend it's billions on division with our closest neighbours and a Brexit led recession. The UK in general, and northern england in particular, is about to have all the shite kicked out of it and it'll learn in the hardest possible way where it ranks in the global pecking order.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »