Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
So after Brexit British people will work the longest hours in Europe, until they reach the highest retirement age in Europe, at which point they will get one of the lowest pensions in Europe.

The Tories are nothing if not consistent.
0762 likes this post
It's what the English people voted for eh - all 34% of our voting population!!Rolleyes I personally wish Cambridge Analytica didn't disappear from the public eye - I still think there is a huge story to be got from this covert data strategy through Cambridge Analytica and I think the US govt may play a key role, through their security servs, in exposing a huge conspiracy against Brit electoral and democratic voting practise.
Meanwhile I notice that the Brexit Select Committee was shut down last Wednesday after BSC parliamentarians appealing to continue the scrutiny of the Brit govt's post Brexit dealings and future policy implementation and relative reasoning why they are doing it. Rees-Smug insisted that it be shut down - I wonder why? No accountability to anyone, even the devolved countries??? This committee produced numerous forensic reports analysing some of the most important issues thrown up by Brexit, incl the implications on peace in Ireland and the rights of EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens. This committee also issued the revelation of the govt granting a ferry contract to Seaborne Freight, a company that didn't own any ferries and it broke the law on competitive tendering.
I've been reading that UK companies are struggling to import and export to Europe and European companies are struggling to import and export to the UK. Apparently fish are rotting at Dover and also at Calais. The only way to get round this impasse is for the UK to join the Single Market and Customs Union. If you remember the Leave campaign actually said that we wouldn't be leaving the Single Market and Customs Union and yet we have.

You would think the way the Tories have handled Brexit, COVID and the Free School Meal fiasco you would think it would be the end of the party but the thing is people will still vote for them come the next election. If the break up of the United Kingdom happens then England will be stuck with the Tories for a long time.

I am starting to think the 2 main parties have had there day.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I seem to recall the previous leader of labour advocating a customs union and soft Brexit and getting annihilated for it matt Laugh

You are right of course. EFTA or EEA membership would have prevented all this madness, and was even what farage and co were talking about early on when they started this epic grift. They never expected to get this lucky.

I've come to the conclusion that 35-40 % of the public will vote for the party that is as nasty and cruel as possible to those below them or 'different' whatever happens.
0762 likes this post
It's bizarre! Decades and decades pass by and we still can't get rid of this elitist "I'm better than thou" divisive culture in English society/politics and remember we are living in the 21st century and yet still have these anachronisms that are rife in said society - a disgrace.
Meanwhile I notice Scottish fishermen have set up a parked lorry close to Downing Street with a huge notice displaying the words BREXIT CARNAGE as the Brexit c#### are still playing their deceitful little games "playing down the probs" just as before when Brexit was shamelessly being touted as "so simple to introduce, oven ready deal etc etc"!! Thumb down
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/th...d=msedgdhp

This is a vg summation by Martin Kettle re the impact of that Brexit deal and the incredulity of ever allowing it to happen as well as criticism of a huge naive "chunk" of the voting population in England actually being so easily duped by all the bogus assurances re the simplicity of swapping over - so easy, seamless, don't believe any of the doubters etc etc. The "dodgy Brexit salesmen" got away with it!! Thumb down The rest is history and it won't be a pretty sight in the future either - start reading the various govt reports, incl the devolved ones, that issued qualified pre-warnings re the huge negative impact on the country.
Just as an aside - I sent a parcel to some friends in Denmark 3 weeks ago and they still haven't got it Laugh

Once the grace periods are done and the stockpiles are diminished, the shelves will slowly start emptying of certain goods and produce. Then, once Covid is under control, there will be the end of seamless travel to the EU. Jetting off to the dam for a long weekend or a couple of weeks in Benidorm is going to be more difficult all round....thats when the shit will really start to hit the fan.

The current lockdown is sparing the tories from a lot more examination of what they have done with Brexit.
Peterhead fish market like a ghost town. Normally has over 10,000 boxes a day and there is little more than a couple of hundred today.

Its an absolute tragedy, but as Paul Weller said "the public gets what the public wants"
Re your mention of Denmark, some Scot fishermen desperately taking fish directly to agreed/brokered fish auctioneers on the western shores of Denmark in order to bypass all the Brexit imposed shit on their industry

(19-01-2021, 14:39)hibeejim21 Wrote: Peterhead fish market like a ghost town. Normally has over 10,000 boxes a day and there is little more than a couple of hundred today.

Its an absolute tragedy, but as Paul Weller said "the public gets what the public wants"

I'd change that quote slightly to, "the English public gets what the English public wants" or more fittingly at the current time and particularly after the last testy 12 months - "Scotland gets what England wants"!!!Thumb down I certainly wanna change that as do millions n millions of other like-minded Scottish voters. The "real fun" hasn't even started yet but it is coming!
Why are we paying this Brexit tax now??? A question being raised right across the public spectrum by people who are the first "financial casualties" and being caught out when puchasing Euro items in the same way as has been done for years/decades.

Here's a random comment coming from one of the many people who are seething re this tax hit - "Is that what people wanted? Feel isolated on a small minded island where I can no longer shop in EU without spending dead money I’d rather donate to charity. What have we done!?" EXACTLY - WHAT HAVE WE DONE???? A NAIVE AND EASILY DUPED PART OF THE ENGLISH POPULATION LANDED THE COUNTRY WITH THE BUNCH OF TORY CHARLATANS WHO HAVE EFFECTIVELY "GOT AWAY WITH" THE BIGGEST CON IN UK POLITICAL HISTORY!!!Thumb down
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »