Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers - 23/05/15
Come see come sah Fred yeah it's a bummer there's no Edinburgh Derby next season at least in the league but at least we might get you in a cup

GGTTH
At least we went down fighting. Again Hibs had most of the play, most of the attacking but we couldn't score - until a magnificent finish from Jason Cummings at the death. All credit to Stubbs for having 4 attackers on for the last 20 minutes, but where did our 3rd substitute go?

I think Rangers will beat Motherwell in the Final and easier than beating QOTS or Hibs. For next season, Hibs will be in a better position than this, hopefully getting off to a much better start. The big question will be, how many of our squad will be here? Alan Stubbs will surely be here as well. He's certainly not yet a great manager, but he approaches the game in the right manner and will surely manage the substitute situation properly next season.

Our season has finally ended and I think we did pretty well overall. Onwards and upwards next season.  Thumb up

GGTTH
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(23-05-2015, 20:07)supercooper Wrote: Offside Kenny miller goal? Only in your universe. And you realise the keeper has time to place the ball before kicking it. Scott Allan should have been red carded for his tackle on Murdoch selected vision, lets face it your side wasn't good enough over 190 mins, just like you couldn't beat Falkirk!

Look up the bbc video of that Gers goal pal and you'll discover that Miller was not offside from the initial touch from a Rangers player but he was offside from the second touch off the leg of a blue player before the ball eventually arrived at his feet - missed by quite a few unassuming observers and it looks like that includes you!! That's a fact and eat humble pie after you look at the video re-run of that goal! Alan Stubbs mentioned it in one of his post-match interviews and I suspect it was raised by some of his players at the end of the match - THE GOAL WAS ACTUALLY OFFSIDE but your team/manager got the ref's decision again - a crucial decision/goal that effectively won this play-off!!  Welcome to the real universe, not an imaginary one!! Also re your selective vision snipe, Scott Allan's tackle was nothing close to Magregor's awful scissor tackle at Ibrox in the second half when he should've been instantly red-carded by any competent referee - but we never get these ref decisions at Ibrox, I wonder why referees change the rules of football to suit this type of match? Can anybody on this board recall the last Hibs (or Hearts match for that matter!) when a Gers player actually received a red card for this type of offence against an Edinburgh side - a long time and a rare occasion at that!! As for defending your team's consistent time-wasting throughout this match, you are having a laugh! Bell's late yellow card for time-wasting was a categorical joke conjured up by a very weak and unaware referee!! I've no doubt that was all part of the game plan to delay and break up Hibs momentum in any way that they could do it. I hope they get done in the same way in the final play-off matches against the steelmen - that would be ironic and deserved. However, like a lot of other football fans on other forums, I'm very curious to witness the refereeing decisions that will prevail and possibly influence the final outcome of this play-off and which team benefits from these helping hand decisions - predicted well before these play-off fixtures were set!!
Err, Smith was red carded in Edinburgh this season.

Why does it have to be the refs fault that your players couldn't find the goal even though we dressed a player in bright yellow and made home stand there for 3 hours?

Dry your greeting eyes.
Who said it was the ref's fault? I didn't! In my previous thread one of my criticisms is aimed at Hibs striking inability! I'm merely pointing out that the crucial goal that won this play-off was actually an offside goal. However, I am criticising the standard of refereeing in both matches. For example, Calum Murray at Ibrox couldn't even identify a simple Vuckic deliberate hand ball that any competent ref at any level of football would simply issue a yellow card - that's the FIFA rule that covers that offence. Some of his other home decisions were highly questionable and that includes that rash Magregor scissor tackle! As for Beaton, the man's erratic refereeing performance certainly didn't help Hibs cause and the criticism re his poor interpretation of persistent fouling absolutely stands - the conciliatory action on Zaluskas was a joke and so much for a referee providing protection to ball players! But what's new - Beaton has generally had a very poor season as a Scottish referee - had some stinking matches well before this one, notably in certain cup ties.

(23-05-2015, 23:48)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Err, Smith was red carded in Edinburgh this season.

Why does it have to be the refs fault that your players couldn't find the goal even though we dressed a player in bright yellow and made home stand there for 3 hours?

Dry your greeting eyes.

Err - read the thread again! I'm referring to games at Ibrox where you generally get away with murder!! Same goes for your other comment - start reading threads properly, otherwise don't bother making a comment, esp a stupid one - no point!!
(23-05-2015, 23:15)0762 Wrote:
(23-05-2015, 20:07)supercooper Wrote: Offside Kenny miller goal? Only in your universe. And you realise the keeper has time to place the ball before kicking it. Scott Allan should have been red carded for his tackle on Murdoch selected vision, lets face it your side wasn't good enough over 190 mins, just like you couldn't beat Falkirk!

Look up the bbc video of that Gers goal pal and you'll discover that Miller was not offside from the initial touch from a Rangers player but he was offside from the second touch off the leg of a blue player before the ball eventually arrived at his feet - missed by quite a few unassuming observers and it looks like that includes you!! That's a fact and eat humble pie after you look at the video re-run of that goal! Alan Stubbs mentioned it in one of his post-match interviews and I suspect it was raised by some of his players at the end of the match - THE GOAL WAS ACTUALLY OFFSIDE but your team/manager got the ref's decision again - a crucial decision/goal that effectively won this play-off!!  Welcome to the real universe, not an imaginary one!! Also re your selective vision snipe, Scott Allan's tackle was nothing close to Magregor's awful scissor tackle at Ibrox in the second half when he should've been instantly red-carded by any competent referee - but we never get these ref decisions at Ibrox, I wonder why referees change the rules of football to suit this type of match? Can anybody on this board recall the last Hibs (or Hearts match for that matter!) when a Gers player actually received a red card for this type of offence against an Edinburgh side - a long time and a rare occasion at that!! As for defending your team's consistent time-wasting throughout this match, you are having a laugh! Bell's late yellow card for time-wasting was a categorical joke conjured up by a very weak and unaware referee!! I've no doubt that was all part of the game plan to delay and break up Hibs momentum in any way that they could do it. I hope they get done in the same way in the final play-off matches against the steelmen - that would be ironic and deserved. However, like a lot of other football fans on other forums, I'm very curious to witness the refereeing decisions that will prevail and possibly influence the final outcome of this play-off and which team benefits from these helping hand decisions - predicted well before these play-off fixtures were set!!

(24-05-2015, 00:10)0762 Wrote: Who said it was the ref's fault? I didn't! In my previous thread one of my criticisms is aimed at Hibs striking inability! I'm merely pointing out that the crucial goal that won this play-off was actually an offside goal. However, I am criticising the standard of refereeing in both matches. For example, Calum Murray at Ibrox couldn't even identify a simple Vuckic deliberate hand ball that any competent ref at any level of football would simply issue a yellow card - that's the FIFA rule that covers that offence. Some of his other home decisions were highly questionable and that includes that rash Magregor scissor tackle! As for Beaton, the man's erratic refereeing performance certainly didn't help Hibs cause and the criticism re his poor interpretation of persistent fouling absolutely stands - the conciliatory action on Zaluskas was a joke and so much for a referee providing protection to ball players! But what's new - Beaton has generally had a very poor season as a Scottish referee - had some stinking matches well before this one, notably in certain cup ties.

(23-05-2015, 23:48)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Err, Smith was red carded in Edinburgh this season.

Dry your greeting eyes.

Err - read the thread again! I'm referring to games at Ibrox where you generally get away with murder!!

Err, read your own post again. Or did someone write it for you?

But you're not blaming the ref.

Dearie me.
(24-05-2015, 00:19)TheWorthinGer Wrote:

(24-05-2015, 00:10)0762 Wrote: Who said it was the ref's fault? I didn't! In my previous thread one of my criticisms is aimed at Hibs striking inability! I'm merely pointing out that the crucial goal that won this play-off was actually an offside goal. However, I am criticising the standard of refereeing in both matches. For example, Calum Murray at Ibrox couldn't even identify a simple Vuckic deliberate hand ball that any competent ref at any level of football would simply issue a yellow card - that's the FIFA rule that covers that offence. Some of his other home decisions were highly questionable and that includes that rash Magregor scissor tackle! As for Beaton, the man's erratic refereeing performance certainly didn't help Hibs cause and the criticism re his poor interpretation of persistent fouling absolutely stands - the conciliatory action on Zaluskas was a joke and so much for a referee providing protection to ball players! But what's new - Beaton has generally had a very poor season as a Scottish referee - had some stinking matches well before this one, notably in certain cup ties.

Dry your greeting eyes.

Err - read the thread again! I'm referring to games at Ibrox where you generally get away with murder!!

Dearie me.

Hey!! The refereeing played a big part in influencing the result of this play-off whether you wanna differ on that view or not!! Forget the blame insinuation and all the rest of it. It's happened and your team have been fortunate in coming up trumps. That's how I see it!! However, if Hibs striking prowess had've been half decent, I wouldn't even be having this debate - I'll concur on that issue. I'll await the outcome of your final play-off fixtures and I'll certainly applaud 2 x ref performances if they turn out to be impartial and non-controversial - that'll restore some of my faith in a refereeing set up that has been open to huge criticism for quite a long time - not just from me but a fair number fans and media people share that view  - there are too many poor ref performers who influence the outcome of Scottish football matches or do you watch different matches from me? And I'm not generally just referring to Gers matches either!! And by the way, I do type (NOT WRITE!) my own threads. It looks like stupid comments are part n parcel of your forum style pal - what's the point? Of course - taking the bait eh!! Oh well, if that's what turns you on pal - carry on!! Audience terminated!
(24-05-2015, 00:45)0762 Wrote:
(24-05-2015, 00:19)TheWorthinGer Wrote:

Dry your greeting eyes.

Dearie me.

Hey!! The refereeing played a big part in influencing the result of this play-off whether you wanna differ on that view or not!! Forget the blame insinuation and all the rest of it. It's happened and your team have been fortunate in coming up trumps. That's how I see it!! However, if Hibs striking prowess had've been half decent, I wouldn't even be having this debate - I'll concur on that issue. I'll await the outcome of your final play-off fixtures and I'll certainly applaud 2 x ref performances if they turn out to be impartial and non-controversial - that'll restore some of my faith in a refereeing set up that has been open to huge criticism for quite a long time - not just from me but a fair number fans and media people share that view  - there are too many poor ref performers who influence the outcome of Scottish football matches or do you watch different matches from me? And I'm not generally just referring to Gers matches either!! And by the way, I do type (NOT WRITE!) my own threads. It looks like stupid comments are part n parcel of your forum style pal - what's the point? Of course - taking the bait eh!! Oh well, if that's what turns you on pal - carry on!! Audience terminated!

Oh dear, now we can see the little black sticks attached to your wrists.
End of the day hibs didn't take there chances rangers did
I had no problem with the ref yesterday except not warning early enough for time wasting. I thought he let a fair amount go for both sides which let the game flow a little more. If the ref doesn't stamp down on the time wasting then all teams would do what sevco did yesterday.

Liked it when Miller twice fell on his arse backing in to get a freekick and didn't realise our guy had pulled off him...classic....just think we used to idolise the pr.ck.

At the end of the day you can blame who you like but we were not good enough in front of goal and nothing fell for us.....thats football.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »