Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers - 23/05/15
Hardlines lads thought you gave everything, just lacking that bit in the final third. The fans that turned up where superb for you.
Hats off to the hibs support today played their part. Again hibs dominated the game rangers done nothing but that was expected they hardly crossed the half way line at times. The players can be proud of their efforts we no we are the better team the league shows.

Just hope Motherwell win the play off final rangers don't deserve their spot there and their bigot support singing crap all the time don't deserve it either.

Delighted they players took a well earned bow and big Stubbs got a great reception also. Onwards and upwards next season.
GGTTH
Evidently we did! I understand your frustration but 180 mins and 1 goal? I assume you want Inverness winning the cup final too?
(23-05-2015, 18:18)SUNSHINE ON LEITH Wrote: Hats off to the hibs support today played their part. Again hibs dominated the game rangers done nothing but that was expected they hardly crossed the half way line at times. The players can be proud of their efforts we no we are the better team the league shows.

Just hope Motherwell win the play off final rangers don't deserve their spot there and their bigot support singing crap all the time don't deserve it either.

Delighted they players took a well earned bow and big Stubbs got a great reception also. Onwards and upwards next season.
GGTTH

The best chance in the game fell to Rangers - Miller's missed header.

And, as SC points out, it took you c.190 minutes of playing time to score in the tie.  We had it wrapped up at Ibrox.
Hard luck guys. Over the piece there wasn't much between the sides and became an enthralling tie with some late, late drama. Next season's Championship will probably be a competitive affair again with either ourselves or Motherwell alongside you, and Falkirk, Queen of the South and St. Mirren all likely to be in the mix for a playoff spot at least. And if nothing else you now know where you'll be playing so can do some proper planning for the new season.

For what it's worth I think Hibs were the best footballing side in the division this season, even if you didn't always get the results. If you can keep a core of your best players and continue like that you'll be in good shape to go up next year.
0762 and like this post
(23-05-2015, 18:27)supercooper Wrote: Evidently we did! I understand your frustration but 180 mins and 1 goal? I assume you want Inverness winning the cup final too?

Your allowed your version super cooper I don't see it that way. Rangers stopped and slowed the game down every chance they got if that's what you like watching fair do. How big zalilukis never got sent off is beyond me 3 book able offences in the matter of 10 mins Kenny miller falling on his arse twice while backing into a hibs player making himself look a complete tit a 10 out 10 dive FI vukic trying to gain a pen desperate or what. 

I've no complaint wi rangers scoring twice at Ibrox you had two chances in 180 mins and took them both. 

As for ICT yes I want them to win nothing to do wi Falkirk beating us tho as you imply. 

Just for yogi being a HIBBY 
0762 likes this post
Don't forget their second goal at Ibrox Sunshine - that crucial winning goal, was an offside goal scored by Kenny Miller!! A well taken goal but clearly offside all the same and conveniently missed by both the referee Murray and his assistant ref. Re the cynical time-wasting by Gers players throughout this return match, I counted approx 8 mins on my moby stop watch from Bell's continuous delaying tactics to kicking the ball away at every opportunity. Talk about desperate tactics to stop a better side from playing!! That was the game I observed today and football lost out today (no thanks to the irritatingly poor control/observations of an iffy referee!) as well as Hibs! I wish we had a real sniffer of a fully fit striker up front because if we had, we would have murdered Rangers by at least 2 or 3 goals after 180 mins of football. And you're right - this inconsistently poor ref Beaton discarded the fundamental rule that persistent fouling is actually a bookable offence and an eventual second yellow if the offence persists - how did Zaluskas remain on the pitch in the full 90 mins of play???? And Wallace was not much better by the way!! I gave up counting the number of his fouls!! Beaton had some bizarre reason to avoid giving out yellow cards until the latter stage of this match - totally baffling! IMO the better team lost this play-off and I think Motherwell, with their two poaching centre forwards + Lee Irwin, will be delighted that Gers are the final play-off team!! I never thought we would beat M'well anyway and I certainly don't think Gers will do it although I'd like to see them do it just to remove them from next season's Championship. IMO that would give us a better chance to win it! However I fear that will not happen.
Offside Kenny miller goal? Only in your universe. And you realise the keeper has time to place the ball before kicking it. Scott Allan should have been red carded for his tackle on Murdoch selected vision, lets face it your side wasn't good enough over 190 mins, just like you couldn't beat Falkirk!
I think uve forgot the fact we've BEAT rangers 4 times this season with ease yes .... No

FACT ...............

GGTTH
You may have 4 victories but what you got out of it sunshine nowt,shite you couldn't get through I for one will miss the derby next season
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »