Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers - 23/05/15
Lol - Miller's early falling over antics were absolutely laughable, esp when he was seriously demanding free kicks and he was not touched by anybody. As you say - a dick head! IMO Beaton is not even a biased ref, he's just a poor ref! My gripe re yesterday's match is, as previously said - no early authority applied to time-wasting and also his poor interpretation of persistent fouling + the added short time at the end of the match was a joke! The blame word keeps being raised and if any blame was gonna be insinuated, I'd point that blame at the SFA (not the refs!) who train and provide some bloody awful refs who consistently haunt Scottish footie matches. Like it or not, Hibs have been the victims of some awful decision-making by some ref numpties who either bottle it in big matches or they are just downright incompetent. Ultimately Hibs lack of a decent pen box striker finally caught up with them in this play-off tie - we were by far the better side but, much like the hugely disappointing Scottish Cup result against Falkirk, goal scoring chances were not taken and we're in a Championship league that we don't want to play in and the club will lose even more money by being there. Re our striking failure, that terrible El Alagui injury really didn't help our season. Also Martin Boyle's late season injury didn't help Hibs cause either because his form was good at the tail end of the season. Hibs tentative move in January for a dynamic striker like Leigh Griffiths indicated to most Hibs fans that Stubbs and Hibs FC really wanted to improve our striking stats by bringing a diehard Hibee like Leigh but it wasn't to be. I genuinely believe our season would've been far more successful if Hibs had pulled off that transfer or a similar one elsewhere - sadly it didn't happen and hopeful success turned into scepticism for many Hibs fans. It's a shame for a great Hibs support that has been badly let down so often by the club. Apparently Hibs ST sale prices will be the same for another season in the Championship and IMO it's inevitable that many fans will not purchase them - not for such a poor league with so many unattractive fixtures against lower football clubs that have no significant fan base whatsoever!! Value for money? Definitely not!
We're stuck in the Championship for at least another season but at least it`s going to show us the aspirations and desire of our board. I don`t rate either highly but time will show who is correct.
I reckon there will be a clear out and we'll see many familiar faces being discarded in favour of cheaper options in spite of the club charging Premiership prices for another year. This coupled with the promise that any money raised by the sale of the club to supporters would go into the team leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and shows the contempt the board have for the fans.
(24-05-2015, 21:02)1Wattie Wrote: We're stuck in the Championship for at least another season but at least it`s going to show us the aspirations  and  desire of our board. I don`t rate either highly but time will show who is correct.
I reckon there will be a clear out and we'll see many familiar faces being discarded in favour of cheaper options in spite of the club charging Premiership prices for another year. This coupled with the promise that any money raised by the sale of the club to supporters would go into the team leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and shows the contempt the board have for the fans.

I'm sure that's a club record that was last achieved in the 1930s and no Chairman should be proud of that record under his/her watch. In fact there would be good reason to resign if Hibs were a commercial company with high business aspirations!! IMO Hibs have a good young manager who looks like he is gradually getting to grips with his role of running Hibs 1st team affairs. I hope the club gives Stubbs the proper support that he needs in order to progress positively. Otherwise we could be in the Championship for a lot longer than we'd hope for unless the persistent rumour of league reconstruction becomes a reality.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I`m pretty sure that all Hibs fans agree with you on the abilities of our manager and the need for the board to support him if we are to get back up quickly. IMO we need to keep a few of the players who did so well this past season- we were very unfortunate because we took far more points off Rangers than they did against us BUT they got their timing spot on.
I have a worry that there will be some league reconstruction, specifically designed to ensure Rangers return to the SPFL for next season, but I am sure if they beat Motherwell in the play off it will be put on the back burner until a later date and we will lose out.
(25-05-2015, 21:45)1Wattie Wrote: 0762.
I`m pretty sure that all Hibs fans agree with you on  the abilities of our manager and the need for the board to support him if we are to get back up quickly. IMO we need to keep a few of the players who did so well this past season- we were very unfortunate because we took far more points off Rangers than they did against us BUT they got their timing spot on.
I have a worry that there will be some league reconstruction, specifically designed to ensure Rangers return to the SPFL for next season, but I am sure if they beat Motherwell in the play off it will be put on the back burner until a later date and we will lose out.

I thought that was the case as well but I'm not so sure after reading about the ongoing discussions between the SFA and the SPFL aimed at league reconstruction for the start of season 2016-17. It was an interesting read about consideration being given to the Austrian/Swiss league set up which would see two leagues of 12 - split into three leagues of eight after each team played two fixtures.  At it's heart is a mini play off league, say Premiership 2, in which qualifying clubs compete to be one of four that claim a place in the following season's top flight of 12. Such a set up this season would have pitted Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and QOS against St Mirren, M'well, Ross C and Partick in a league of death. Apparently the main driving force for this radical shake up is the confirmed revenue losses in the top league which is unsurprising + they want to produce something innovative that will capture the attention of the fans. Also some kind changes will be applied to the League Cup competition - again it will happen in season 2016-17.
If the main driving force in a radical shake up is revenue loss and the SPFL/SFA are looking for something to capture the attention of the fans they should look no further that giving us our game back on a Saturday afternoon at 3.00 p.m.
I am totally convinced it would attract at least 1,000 more supporters to each game.
(27-05-2015, 17:10)1Wattie Wrote: 0762
If the main driving force in a radical shake up is revenue loss  and the SPFL/SFA are looking for something to capture the attention of the fans they should look no further that giving us our game back on a Saturday afternoon at 3.00 p.m.
I am totally convinced it would attract at least 1,000 more supporters to each game.

I'd like to see the return of a regular 3.00pm KO but the club response to that suggestion would be that the extra revenue would still not match up to the higher tv revenue that would be gained from televising at the required earlier time - it's all about the money and who offers the best deal for the club Wattie!
Unfortunately it's no longer about the fans Wattie as 0762 says its all about MONEY. But I also believe football should be played at 15.00 on a Saturday like years ago.

Saturday was a ritual you would get up have the breakfast jump in the shower get dressed phone a taxi and away to the Hibs Club for a few bevvies with the guys. Ah the good old days

GGTTH
Spot on Sunshine.  Thumb up    Unfortunately it is weighing up tv money v extra few through the gate.  Thumb down

Lets hope we see more 3.00 pm 's next year   Smile

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I think we`re all agreed that TV/Sky money rules our game and from that point of view the clubs just have to get on with whatever is on offer. That being the case I don`t see the need for Doncaster and his cronies thinking up anything- They should simply ask the broadcasters to arrange the fixtures to suit their own timetable because games are shuffled around at the last minute just now.
I would argue the point with 0762 and SUNSHINE that the revenue from an extra 1000 on our gates is less money than Hibs get from the TV deal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »