Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs - 20/05/15
After a break of 18 days, our involvement in the Championship Play-off is here. Rangers are a different kettle of fish now that Stuart McCall has taken over, but the same deficiencies are still there just under the surface and it's up to Hibs to take advantage at Ibrox on Wednesday night at 7.45pm. The recent trip to La Manga has had benefits in taking the players away for warm weather training, but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Hibs have had success against Rangers at Ibrox this season and will have no fears in this match. The usual attributes of commitment, coolness and undoubted skill from Hibs, allied to a strong positive start, will be enough to produce a desired result. Whatever happens in this game, it will not be the decider in this tie. That comes at Easter Road on Saturday at 12 noon.

My team for Ibrox would be:-

Oxley,
Watson, Hanlon, Fontaine,
Stanton, Fyvie, Robertson, Allan, Stevenson,
Cummings, El Alagui.

Subs - Handling, Malonga, Dja Djedje.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Do you guys think the long layoff will be a good or bad thing?? Obviously good to get rest, clear up injuries or niggles, but you worry the 100% match fitness will have diminished slightly!! Can't help but thinking the playoffs in Scotland take far too long to complete!!
Personally, I think a 7 or 10 day lay-off would have been a good thing, but 18 days is definitely too long. But it is Scotland, so you don't think it's going to be well organised, do you?
We should be beating that Rangers team, they're rank.

Stubbs and the team should be well up for this.
18 days - far too long. Your guys will be rested, but will they be mentally sharp.
We'll find out in the first 20 minutes, TWG. If we cope with that and start off well, it should develop into a close, tense game. I fully expect there to be just one goal in it over the two legs and it'll only be won at Easter Road, probably in the last few minutes.

Welcome to BH too. Keep on posting. Thumb up
I think hibs will be well focused despite the lay off,Stubbs will have them prepared he doesn't come across like a man who will gave let them switch off
18 days is a long time to spend away from your work.
They haven't been away from there work
If course they have. There's a big difference between training and actually playing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »