Thread Rating:
Falkirk v Hibs - 02/05/15
Now for revenge for Falkirk beating us thrice this season and escaping Easter Road with a draw in January. A lot of people would say that Falkirk are our bogey team, but I've never subscribed to that attitude. They've adapted well to combat our style of play and attacked our Achilles heel, but they're no bogey team. Everybody knows they have done well in certain games, but they've also been beaten by Livingston and Dumbarton within the past month.

It's all up to us and if we play as well as we can, then we can come away with a win. A draw might turn out to be very acceptable, but we should not be looking for one. One of these days our shots will be going in off the post, instead of coming back out. It took us a few tries to beat Hearts this season, but we did it in style, so Falkirk are there for the taking. The players working their socks off for each other is essential as is staying cool and clinical. Take every opportunity that comes along and we will win. Thumb up

My team for Saturday would be:-

Oxley,
Forster, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Stanton, Fyvie, Robertson, Allan,
Cummings, El Alagui.

Subs - McGeouch, Boyle, Dja Djedje.

Finally, remember we're already in the play-offs, so let's go out and celebrate with a win.
GGTTH 
Cabbage is still good for you
Can hear Houstons team talk now..........defend in numbers , allow them the ball when more than 35 yards from goal, frustrate Hibs, cross the ball just swinging away from the 6 yard line as often as you can ................. Tongue

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Houston can talk all he likes. On the pitch is what matters and I feel we're up for the win.
Cabbage is still good for you
3-1 hibs. GGTTH
If it works for them then why not you have to play to your strengths,hibs should win
Hibs will win on Sat Fred with over 3000 fans to back them cmon the cabbage. Listening to Big Stubbs getting interviewed on stv I feel he's got the players prepared for this one big time

GGTTH
SUNSHINE ON LEITH likes this post
hfc
I sincerely hope your right but would urge to be cautious considering our history in important matches.
We messed up last year when we were ahead simply because our players thought the job was done after the first leg and that came back to bite our arses.
There`s no doubt that we are well capable of beating Falkirk and are due a win against them. One thing in our favour is that most of their players will have the Scottish cup final on their minds so we might catch them cold.
Fingers and everything else crossed that we pull it off.
Wattie, while you never want to have to rely on another team I thnk you are spot on with the fact that Falkirk have the biggest game in their history coming up, which should definitely work in your favor. There is no way the bulk of their players are going to lay their body on the line against you guys and risk missing the Cup Final!! Sure they will say all the right things but it will be there in their minds as they go in for challenges. Of course your players still have to assume they will die for the cause and not let any complacency creep in, but if you can get an early goal I would hope you will win the game easily from there.
(30-04-2015, 21:07)1Wattie Wrote: hfc
I sincerely hope your right but would urge to be cautious considering our history in important matches.
We messed up last year when we were ahead simply because our players thought the job was done after the first leg and that came back to bite our arses.
There`s no doubt that we are well capable of beating Falkirk and are due a win against them. One thing in our favour is that most of their players will have the Scottish cup final on their minds so we might catch them cold.
Fingers and everything else crossed that we pull it off.

I think you are right about caution Wattie.  Cool

The Cup Final may spur them on to good individual performances as they will want to be included in the squad and starting 11.

Size of Hibs following doesn't have a bearing on Hibs results as in any important game with the exception of Hearts, Celtic or Rangers we have a majority following.  ( latest being the Cup semi......18000 Hibees   v   3000 Bairns )

I have a feeling we may sneak this one ........and then just have 4 more games for promotion.  Wink ...............  'mon the Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I get where your coming from Exeter about the crowd size but having 3500 fans inside talk irks stadium will help lift the guys the noise that will be generated will be brilliant.
GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »