Thread Rating:
Cricket Ball and Dog
I was playing in a cup match 20/20 against another local school about 7 years ago and we played matches at the town's cricket ground as we didn't have a pitch at the school.

Anyway I was fielding at third man and the batsman smashed a shot in the air and it bounced just as it reached the boundary and went for four. Behind the boundary were some trees and behind the trees were back gardens to houses and because the batsman smashed the shot near me i went searching for the ball and walked behind the trees and came up to a small fence about 2-3 ft high and there was a black labrador in the back garden and the cricket ball had landed in this persons garden near the labrador and he picked it up with his mouth so I climbed over the small fence and went over him to get him to drop the ball but he wouldn't and I think he wanted to turn it into some sort of game, in the end he gave in and dropped it and i chucked it back on to the pitch and gave him a pat and climbed over and resumed playing.

We lost the match as we collapsed when it came our turn to bat.
Devongone, Amelia Chaffinch, Stairs like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Matt, you let your team down, you should either:_
a. have left the ball in the dog's mouth and demanded a new ball so your bowler's could get some swing.
OR b. used the dog's saliva to polish up one side of the ball to get some reverse swing going.

I played in a game in which our most over-enthusiastic fielder chased a ball at top speed to the boundary to try to stop a four. Unfortunately he had miscalculated how close the boundary took him to Walton Dam - behind Robinson's Works in Chesterfield. Despite teetering desperately on the edge for what seemed like ages waving his arms like reversing wind turbines he couldn't save himself. He surfaced soaked, spectacles askew, and totally covered in pond weed. Even the two very severe Derbyshire County players who were umpiring could not take the game seriously afterwards. Both bowlers and batsmen occasionally had to ask for play to halt because they'd just started laughing again.
That's cheered me right up!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »