Thread Rating:
What are you listening to?
I've been listening to a lot of Ska bands such as Madness, The Specials and Bad Manners.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Got an 80s number 1s CD on at the moment. Can't beat a bit of Kelly Marie.

Worrabart yer knees?
(07-04-2015, 21:16)spireitematt Wrote: I've been listening to a lot of Ska bands such as Madness, The Specials and Bad Manners.

Good man Smile

Get yourself listening to The Beat too.  Easily the most underrated of the Two-Tone acts.
(07-04-2015, 23:03)Ska Wrote:
(07-04-2015, 21:16)spireitematt Wrote: I've been listening to a lot of Ska bands such as Madness, The Specials and Bad Manners.

Good man Smile

Get yourself listening to The Beat too.  Easily the most underrated of the Two-Tone acts.

Mirror in the Bathroom and Two Swords are pretty good songs. My favourite song by the Bad Manners is Specials Brew.

I still listen to Elvis Costello, Ian Dury and The Stranglers quite a bit, although my music collection these days is all over the board!!!
Apparently Bad Manners still gig in Holmfirth every year. Just told that on Monday.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!

Actually, one little-known band you may also appreciate in this vein is Dance Hall Crashers.  Their early stuff (recorded in the late Eighties) was very much in the vein of Bad Manners, except with two female vocalists.  In the 90s they pretty much turned into a generic pop-punk act and weren't as good, but their first album - The Old Record - is absolute gold.

(20-04-2015, 18:41)Ska Wrote:

Actually, one little-known band you may also appreciate in this vein is Dance Hall Crashers.  Their early stuff (recorded in the late Eighties) was very much in the vein of Bad Manners, except with two female vocalists.  In the 90s they pretty much turned into a generic pop-punk act and weren't as good, but their first album - The Old Record - is absolute gold.

That last song is pretty good not struck on the other two.

No worries; if you search YouTube you can probably find a few other upbeat songs from that album like He Wants Me Back, Java Junkie, Old & Grey, etc.

Dug out all my old Madness albums today and listened to them again for the first time in a few years. Such an underappreciated band, often only known for their "fun" singles when they were very innovative and tackled some pretty serious and dark subjects on their albums.
(21-04-2015, 20:48)Ska Wrote: No worries; if you search YouTube you can probably find a few other upbeat songs from that album like He Wants Me Back, Java Junkie, Old & Grey, etc.

Dug out all my old Madness albums today and listened to them again for the first time in a few years.  Such an underappreciated band, often only known for their "fun" singles when they were very innovative and tackled some pretty serious and dark subjects on their albums.

I would say a lot of the not well known Madness songs are underrated.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »