Thread Rating:
Kluivert for the Staggies?
Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor says Patrick Kluivert remains in contention to become the Staggies' new manager.
The Dutchman emerged as a shock candidate to replace the sacked Derek Adams, but weekend reports suggested he had ruled himself out of the running.
"I talked to his agent yesterday," MacGregor told BBC Scotland.
"I think he's interested in a number of jobs but [his agent] alleged he's still interested in the Ross County job, so we'll take it from there."
Kluivert, who earned 79 caps for the Netherlands, was assistant manager to Louis van Gaal at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, helping guide Holland to a third-place finish.
The 38-year-old has not managed a side on his own, however.
Strange things happen, but I doubt this is a goer. Big Grin

WOULD BE GREAT IF IT HAPPENED THOUGH Thumb up
Great Rumor a few years ago that Aberdeen were signing Kluivert and Jan Koller!

Kluivert would be a well good name managing in the SPL
There always seems to be a big name thrown in for these jobs in Scotland, but whether salary is a problem or clubs prefer to play it safe the job usually goes to a local candidate. Last year Kilmarnock picked Allan Johnston over Henning Berg. Fast forward a year and Berg's thrashing Celtic in the CL qualifiers while Killie are where they always are: lmid table. All things considered that's probably the ideal result for all parties concerned (Killie's main aim is always just to keep daylight between themselves and the relegation fodder), and I'd have to say the same would probably be true with Ross County/Kluivert. Brilliant to be linked with him but from a practical POV probably a bit too risky.
the bad news is that Danny Lennon and Maurice Malpas also fancy the job
Jim McIntyre was appointed earlier today, no?
Aye. The Kluivert thing was a load of pish right from the start. Roy MacGregor just got carried away with the line of questioning from Richard Gordon and splurted out "Aye, all right, Kluivert's one of the names". He even sounded like he'd been caught out fibbing as he said it.

If Kluivert himself ever heard about it, he would have gone "WTF dudesh? I've never even heard of Rosh County!"
El Car likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »