Thread Rating:
Other's Results
(23-04-2024, 21:25)4evaabaggie Wrote: I can honestly say that I was sick to the back teeth with bad decisions going in favour of the FA’s elite gentleman’s club of six rich spoilt brats. The whole system was biased towards the same six clubs to the detriment and exclusion of all other clubs and real fans. Every change the powers that be brought in and still bring in favour the clubs with the money and the clout. Changes to the academy system allowing talent to be stolen, FFP so you can not compete, if you try, your hit with a points deduction but only if not a fully paid up brown envelope back hander member of the FA’s exclusive club, take a bow Man City, Chelsea etc even the vile got away with it. Clubs are allowed to buy up and destroy young talent to stop other clubs signing them and building a squad that may challenge. I call that a monopoly. Allowing more and more substitutes, again the bigger the club, the more international talent on the bench. Some clubs can virtually swap their whole starting eleven for another international filled replacement team during the match, Luton can’t do it.

I really thought an independent VAR would remove any bias, how wrong could I be. It’s worse, some faceless dickless wonder away from the heat of the action can still favour the big six, we have suffered many times ourselves, against Chelsea springs to mind, among others.
It matters not one jot what you do now the big six will continue to get the decisions, the bias is now set into the FA’s rule book.

European super league hurry up, big six go and do one.

And the FA is so spineless when it comes to the wishes (demands) of the Premier League that it has now caved in on the greatest domestic cup competition in world football. What the EPL wants, it gets! When I heard Pep Guardiola’s interview after the Chelsea cup semi final and the stresses his players were under because they missed an extra day’s rest due to the unfairness of the fixture scheduling, I nearly peed myself laughing.

I like Pep but that was hilarious- so your highly tuned, £300k per week professionals were struggling to cope with having to play two games in four days? Thank goodness you spent a fortune on your squad, one which could put out two competing first XIs. You spent a fortune to win a shedload of trophies so quit the whining when you’re in the latter stages of those very competitions you’re desperate to win.
4evaabaggie and talkSAFT like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Absolutely!
It's like a Thatcher-style monopoly. What's the constitution of The League? (anbody know?) Any chance the other 86 (say) Clubs can expel the 6 (or so)? Or might that be detrimental?

How would WE all feel when Patel performs miracles, and Albion join The Elite? (Might we all look the other way while we're loving it?)
4evaabaggie likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Talksaft, I hate the EPL even when we are in it, I never watch the games, I do not have sky sports, I do not watch match of the day, their bias and that of the media generally annoys me. We have to be in it because that’s where the money is but I hate it with a passion.

Football in England will implode as the finances of the smaller clubs get more and more squeezed, more little local clubs will go bust, then medium clubs, then big clubs leaving just the six.

I read yesterday that Sheffield united have been given a 2 point deduction for next season with a further two points suspended for a future date because of their eight million pound unpaid transfer fees. The article goes on to say Leeds owe one hundred and ninety million pound in unpaid transfer fees. These are not small clubs, but their non payment affects the budgets and planning of other clubs. How much is owed by the big six, Barcelona never paid us for Barry. What are the controlling bodies doing about it, very little to f@@k all.
talkSAFT and BaggieSteve like this post
Re your 1st para, Eva: I can't be arsed either. Up until 3 or 4 years ago I could have named 8 or 9 players from all Prem Clubs - now I know maybe 2 or 3. Most are foreigners who last a year or 2, so it's no wonder!
Some of the skills are fabulous, but build-up play is totally boring so there's no argument to say that Football in England has IMPROVED due to the £billions spent on it. (I'd rather watch Amateur football!)
My love for the Albion has hardly diminished despite all this, so it must have made me a nutcase.

I can't believe that a really good team of Football Writers doesn't stir up what the real fans are feeling, and make movements to change it all back to how it was.

All WE REAL FANS can do is to scrap our Sky subscriptions - simple as that.
I'm not so sure about the bigger clubs leaving the Premier League. You will find the money would follow them and all the other clubs us included would be massively financially worse off. Be careful what you wish for.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(24-04-2024, 18:34)Blue Baggie Wrote: I'm not so sure about the bigger clubs leaving the Premier League. You will find the money would follow them and all the other clubs us included would be massively financially worse off. Be careful what you wish for.

Blue, yes the big bucks would follow the big clubs, English football would have a re set and would re balance, it would be a level playing field again, the big time Charlie’s would leave, English football could be English again not tippy tappy continental slow slow boring c@@p. Transfer fees and player values would be more realistic and normal clubs could afford them. Maybe academy players would have value for their parent clubs. Maybe we could have replays in cup competitions without prima Donna’s being to tired and needing a rest. Maybe, just maybe, the fans, real fans can have their game back.

Yes be careful what you wish for but could it be any worse than our current imitation Scottish premier league two team biased greed league that we call the top flight.

Coventry 2 Hull 3. Worst result for us. Hull three behind us, same games, Coventry nine behind three games to go. We need a win, goal difference superior
BaggieSteve and talkSAFT like this post
Preston 3 down, and..
"Preston have only scored in one out of six games in April so far".....say the BBC.

Could do with a couple of red cards now too, with Saturday in mind...
(29-04-2024, 22:43)drewks Wrote: Preston 3 down, and..
"Preston have only scored in one out of six games in April so far".....say the BBC.

We won't score on Saturday either take it from me, I'll wave from the away end see you there
drewks likes this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(30-04-2024, 09:14)themaclad Wrote:
(29-04-2024, 22:43)drewks Wrote: Preston 3 down, and..

We won't score on Saturday either take it from me, I'll wave from the away end see you there

Thanks, Mac. See what you can do. Wink
themaclad likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »