Thread Rating:
Tranmere News
League Two side Tranmere Rovers have signed Liverpool left-back James Norris on a season-long loan.

The England Under-19 international, 20, who can also play in midfield, made his senior debut for the Reds in 2019.

Manager Ian Dawes said: "I've known James for a long time from when I worked at Liverpool with the younger age groups.

"He suits the mentality, he works hard, he competes, he runs, he's tenacious, always all in."

Norris added: "This is the first club I came to. This is where I signed my first football contract when I was eight or nine, and then moved on to Liverpool so it's come back around and I'm back at Tranmere."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Tranmere Rovers have signed midfielder Rob Apter on loan from Blackpool until January.

Apter spent seven years in Tranmere's youth set-up before leaving at the age of 15.

The 20-year-old has made five senior appearances for the Tangerines and six appearances for Scotland Under-19s.

He told the club website: "I can't wait, I'm made up. I enjoyed my time here a lot when I was younger, and now I'm back, I can't wait to get going."

Apter has also been on loan at Bamber Bridge, Chester, and scored four goals in 19 games for National League side Scunthorpe last season.

Rovers boss Ian Dawes said: "We are pleased to be able to bring in Rob to strengthen our options up the pitch. He has benefited from several loan spells and we feel he is now prepared to take the step to impress at this level."

Tranmere Rovers have signed free agent left-back Connor Wood on a deal until the end of the League Two season.

The 27-year-old had been without a club since leaving Leyton Orient after their League Two championship campaign, after 16 games on loan to Colchester.

Wood, who joined Leicester's junior ranks after a stint in non-league, also spent time at Bradford, and has totalled 169 senior appearances.

"He's a top professional with lots of experience," boss Ian Dawes said.

"He fits the description of a Tranmere player. He's hard working, an excellent defender and has good crossing ability.

"He is a good pro with a great character and will fit in well with the squad."

Tranmere Rovers forward Connor Jennings has signed a one-year contract extension to remain with the League Two club until the end of 2024-25.

The 32-year-old rejoined Tranmere for a second spell in the summer having left Hartlepool United.

He has made 22 appearances for Rovers this season and has scored four goals as well as contributing three assists.

"It's nice to be rewarded in this way. I'm just happy to extend my stay at the club," he told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"At the moment we're probably not doing as well as we should be but we're working hard and I'm giving my everything.

"Since the gaffer took charge, he did mention it to me and then left it with the chairman. It got sorted and it was a no brainer."

Tranmere, who are 22nd in League Two, next host Gillingham on Saturday.

Tranmere Rovers forward Sam Taylor has signed a new contract to remain with the League Two club until the end of the 2025-26 season.

The 18-year-old made his senior debut in 2022 and has since made 24 appearances for the club.

During that time he has scored a total of four goals, including three so far during the course of this season.

"I'm delighted and happy to sign and stay for three more years. When it was offered, it was a no brainer," he said.

Tranmere Rovers goalkeeper Luke McGee has signed a new deal to remain with the League Two club until the end of the 2024-25 season.

The 28-year-old has made 22 appearances for Rovers this term having joined Tranmere in June.

"I love it up here, I love everything about it. The family feel to it, my family love it up here," he said.

"Everyone's made us feel so welcome so it was something we wanted to get done as quickly as possible."

Tranmere Rovers have given contracts to five young players until the summer.

Dan Pike, Jean Belehouan, Joe Starbuck, Luis Lacey and Conor Robson have all signed for the rest of the season.

Pike is the only first-team regular in the group with 16 appearances since joining from Blackburn in the summer.

Manager Nigel Adkins told the club website: "We are pleased that this young group of players have extended their contracts to the end of the season."

Pike is a 22-year-old full back who gained experience on loan at Fylde before joining Tranmere last summer, while 23-year-old centre back Belehouan, a Manchester United academy product, has played four times this season.

Starbuck, 21, has featured twice for Rovers this season but goalkeeper Robson, 20, has yet to make his first-team debut. Lacey, 19, has been on loan at Flint Town.

Tranmere Rovers have signed Senegalese midfielder Ousmane Kane on a six-month deal with the option of a further 12 months with the League Two club.

The 22-year-old had a trial spell with the club during September and October last year.

"Ousmane is a player who we identified as having a considerable amount of potential," boss Nigel Adkins said.

"It's a significant move to come from Dakar to Wirral, so we're not going to pressure him to perform immediately."

Adkins continued: "The six-month contract allows the club and Ousmane to see how the rest of the season goes and how he settles and acclimatises to English football before reviewing our options in the summer."

The club said they had "successfully obtained a Governing Body Endorsement from the Football Association", meaning he is eligible for an international sportsperson visa from the Home Office, enabling him to live and work in the UK.

Tranmere Rovers goalkeeper Joe Murphy has signed a one-year contract extension on a player-coach basis for next season.

The 42-year-old veteran will stay on at the club as a player and as their goalkeeping coach in 2024-25.

Murphy has made 45 appearances for the club, including six this term, since returning to Prenton Park in 2020.

"It's been an honour to come back and represent the club both as a player and now as a coach," Murphy said.

"For me to extend for another year is an absolute honour and a privilege to wear that badge on my chest.

"Hopefully next year will be an even better season and we can really push on."

Tranmere Rovers defenders Connor Wood and Lee O'Connor have signed one-year contract extensions with the League Two club.

Left-back Wood has been rewarded for becoming a key member of Nigel Adkins' team after joining the club when he was released by Leyton Orient last summer.

Wood, 27, has made 29 appearances for Rovers and has already agreed a new deal until 2025.

Meanwhile, 23-year-old right-back O'Connor extends his stay having made 41 appearances this term.

Adkins said: “This follows on from the consistent performances Connor put together once he established himself in the team."

“I am really pleased that Lee has extended his stay with us. He has performed well this season in the right-back position forming an effective attacking partnership with Rob Apter."

Tranmere finished the season in 16th place in League Two.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »