Thread Rating:
2023 World Mens' Curling Championships
Scotland keep moving forward in their pursuit of a medal and are now guaranteed Gold or Silver after defeating Italy 9-8 in the Semi-final. This was a hard-fought game and it took a draw with the last stone in an extra end to win the game.

In the other Semi-final Canada beat Switzerland 7-5, with each of the Canadians scoring over 90% in the game. Impressive stuff!

So it's Italy v Switzerland in the Bronze Medal Game and Canada v Scotland. Fingers crossed for the Scots lads in tonight's Final.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
'Mon the Scots.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Looking good, ritchie. 6-1up at half time.
ritchiebaby likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Doing well thus far. I must leave them to it, though. Off to nurse my cold.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
And the Scots absolutely cruised past Canada 9-3 after only 8 ends. Ya beauty!!!
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
Now that I've had a proper, considered look at the reports of last night's World Championship Gold for Scotland, one thing stands out for me. I was amazed at the 4 Canadians with over 90% stats in their Semi-final, but the Scottish players bettered that in the Final. The "worst" player was Bobby Lammie with only 94%. The other players scored 97%, 97% and 98%. The 2 Canadian back-ends (skip and vice-skip) were under pressure most of the time and struggled to read the swinging ice and consequently got into difficulty.

This team has played together for the past 6 seasons and it shows.
Bruce Mouat, Bobby Lammie, Grant Hardie and Hammy McMillan
[Image: Scotland-Men.jpg]

Switzerland trounced Italy 11-3 in the Bronze Medal Game after 8 ends, although the obligatory 8th end turned into a comedy show with "unusual" delivery styles.

MEDALS
GOLD - Scotland
SILVER - Canada
BRONZE - Switzerland
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »