Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Transfers
Might as well get a transfer thread in here since it's January, even if we're only likely to see players going one way.

Obviously Lewis Macleod officially departed at the start of the month, and now Kyle McAusland has been released and has been snapped up by Dunfermline.

Worth mentioning that he's been often touted by the fans as preferred choice at right back, however he's actually a midfielder who we played out of position at right back a few times, and even if he did show up well there it goes against the grain of criticising our recent managers for playing people out of position to say he should have been our first choice there. He did do well in a couple of pre season games in his correct position of holding midfielder, but given that central midfield is one of the most oversubscribed areas of our squad it was always going to be a stretch for him to get in the side. A player I liked but maybe not the first team stick on many like to think of him as, so happy to have had him here and happy to see him get a decent move at this point in his career.

I can't think off the top of my head, but has anyone else moved on in this window?

Just remembered Ryan Finnie who also left when his short term deal expired. He was another who - a bit bizarrely in his case - had people claiming when he'd left that he was our best right back and should have been in the team. This despite the fact he couldn't even hold down a place in our development side.
Remember Arnold Peralta? Well now you don't have to, he's off by mutual consent. The squad is trimming down to a reasonably manageable size now.
I can see a lot of this.
The squad may be reduced significantly in the summer as I think a dozen or so of big earners are out of contract in June. Will reduce the big wage bill but who replaces them ?
HHGH
Anyone who shows up well at the Ricksen game probably.

Actually some of them probably wouldn't be a bad option, or at least wouldn't be worse.
How is your youth and development teams doing this season?? If you get promoted and can at least stabilise the finances, then you will be able to buy players with the increased revenue from being in the top division. If you stay in the Championship, then I am sure you will be looking at a few youngsters to come through to bolster the remaining squad.
We've got a couple of guys getting experience on loan who could come in, but we're a bit weaker in that area than we were a couple of years ago. Still, you never know how good a player will be until he gets a run in the team.
Charles Patterson on SSN (just now) :

"Rangers are looking to bring in 4, possibly 5, loan players from Newcastle United ... watch this space."
AVFC RFC SAFC
Is Alan Shearer still with them? He'd be alright.
(02-02-2015, 19:29)Larry-AV Wrote: Charles Patterson on SSN (just now) :

"Rangers are looking to bring in 4, possibly 5, loan players from Newcastle United ... watch this space."

I suppose this is the type of loan MA can bring to the club now other than just the money versions!!!!

From the Beeb:

"Rangers are hopeful of concluding loan deals for four Newcastle players before the midnight transfer deadline in Scotland. Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete are the players involved."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed