Thread Rating:
Dnipro Kids Charity
The Dnipro Kids Charity was started in 2005 after a UEFA Cup tie. This is a new BBC News article about the current attempts to help local orphans escape the war zone in Ukraine. Best wishes to all concerned in this effort, but knowing the UK Government's intransigence, I'm not holding out much hope for any refugees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60660456
hibeejim21, 0762, Inverurie Jambo And 1 others like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
A lotta great work and support given by Hibs fans for well over a decade since those Euro footie ties v Dnipro. Who would've guessed that it would all be threatened by a war created by a Russian autocrat named Putin who couldn't move away from an old-fashioned way of thinking, death and turmoil from a f##### political dinosaur and a nut job to boot!!
I hear on the Reporting Scotland lunchtime news that tonight's RS evening news will feature Hibs fans as mentioned above.
Cabbage is still good for you
Well done to Steve and all at the charity. Managed to get 29 or so across the border yesterday and expecting a dozen or more at the border today. Still some left at the orphanages that the charity look after in Dnipro which is a concern with Russians now bombing the city.

They'll get across Europe OK, I think, but then will be interesting to see how the Home Office views their case as none of the children have a passport and with such a small voice amongst the ever increasing refugee crisis they may not be heard by what seems like a blinkered UK government. Thumb down

At least they are safe and good luck to them all.........certainly been through a lot in their short lives.
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Aye! Dnipro now sadly being extensively bombed by the Russians. The Dnipro Charity heavily involved in evacuating many of the orphans by coach and by train. More kids still to follow as the city bombing continuing. Fingers crossed all evacuees and helpers will get out safely.
Absolutely horrendous what’s happening over there. I’m happy to have contributed to the Charity, as are many Jambos. As far as I’m concerned in times like this, ‘we stand together’
ritchiebaby and HerefordBull like this post
Amazing work - but it always has been to be fair.

Hibs class.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...nipro-kids

Looks like job done. All kids relocated without any mishap. Well done!! Thumb up
ritchiebaby and Lord Snooty like this post
Brilliant. Well done everyone who's involved with this.
ritchiebaby likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...ids-appeal

This was an admirable gesture by AFC re a humanitarian cause that is so deserving of such great support. It looks like the charity have succeeded in getting past all the Brit govt paperwork/dogma to bring back twenty-four of the orphaned kids from Dnipro. Great stuff! Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »