Thread Rating:
QOS v Hibs, Mon 5 April, KO 7.45pm
This is definitely a Scottish Cup tie on an artificial pitch that Hibs must treat very seriously as it could be a potential "banana skin" v a team that just beat Hertz last Saturday although the Gorgie side are generally "mince" anyway. However, no complacency allowed for this game and our record on artificial pitches during this season is very good. We must try to maintain interest in this cup tournament as much as poss and see where it takes us. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
How bad are hertz the now ? Laugh Budge is an absolute joke.

I would looovee it (Kevin Keegan style) to win the cup this year. C'mon hibs, make it happen!
0762 likes this post
Lets find the "roly poly goalie" and bring him back to give us a repeat of the 2016 euphoria/celebrations in Leith, Leith Links, the Bridges and the top of Leith Walk lol! Laugh Never forgotten and boyyyy, that success really meant a lot to lots n lots of Hibee folk.
HerefordBull likes this post
We should win with goals to spare, but as long as we don't have another headline of "A Scottish Cup Sensation", I'll be happy.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
If we do go out it won't be as bad as the Brora result for the JTs. Wink
"FOREVER UNITED"
Probably just me but I find it annoying this is being played on a Monday night.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56632749

Hibs drawn to play Stranraer, conquerors of Brora Rangers, in the 4th round if they win v QOS. Then Motherwell at ER Stadium in the quarter-final. Rangers v Celtic in the 4th round. So one of them eliminated. We must try to "hang in there" up to the semi-final and see where it takes us!
Whoa there, 0762. The possibility of playing Stranraer will be a big incentive for QOTS to upset the odds. We've got to concentrate on the task at hand and dispose of QOTS clinically and professionally.
I think one can reverse that view quite easily Ritchie and say that Hibs players will be equally motivated to "turn over" QOS with the realisation that they will face Stranraer in the next round. It takes "two to tango" and I reckon Hibs will be well up for this match tonight after a welcome period of rest. Of course they will be professional in "going about their business" but they should be fresh and will be "raring to go" in a must win cup tie where caution is not a word to use by the manager - positivity and great optimism are the key words to succeed please!!
True, 0762, but the prospect of a local derby will surpass "normal" motivation. I have every expectation that we will beat Queens with goals to spare, but you've got us playing Motherwell in the quarter-final, potentially 3 games away.
HerefordBull likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »