Thread Rating:
Kevin Nisbet named in the Scotland World Cup squad!
This was a curious announcement by Steve Clarke today as IMO Kevin hasn't really done a great deal for Hibs in the "striking dept", or even played a lotta game time, for quite a while. I can only guess that he is being given a "flavour" of the Scotland squad activities and hopefully that will be the first step of becoming more experienced and accustomed to the Scotland set up. Then it eventually becomes a seamless link up to the Scotland squad for future Scotland matches. However, he still has to "earn that right" and the "ball is firmly in his court" to grasp the opp when it arises.
HerefordBull likes this post
Yeah, no harm in getting him involved early on. I think Kevin has shown the attributes of a really good striker, I'd rather he got some early experience with the international side instead of us ending up chucking a midfielder to play up top if theres no one else.

Also telling how evasive Clarke was when asked about the celtic job. As previously said i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going there after his Scotland commitments.
Yep! Re the Celtic link, there is no doubt he is "in the mix" and is prob in Celtic's top three targets in the list of potential candidates to replace Neil Lennon. Of course, that will be to the detriment of Scotland AGAIN if it happens.
I forgot to say that I can't believe that Steve Clarke named McBurnie in his World Cup squad - IMO absolutely ridiculous and "out of step" with a common critical opinion from Tartan Army fans that he should be nowhere near a Scotland place and has had enough opps to show the fans what he has to offer.
He's an absolute donkey. He's one of those that you look at and think 'how the xxxx did he ever make it never mind get someone to spend 10 million on him" ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »