Thread Rating:
Ross Co v Hibs, Sat 13 March, KO 3.00pm
Almost one month after the postponement of this match, this is a chance for Hibs to apply a bit of "pay back" to John Hughes and his Staggies' side after that embarrassing defeat at ER Stadium. I reckon they have lost their best player, Ross Stewart, who was transferred to Sunderland AFC. However, they still appear to have a serious challenge in them esp when one considers that Celtic lost 1-0 in Dingwall albeit after "blowing away" so many goal opps in a really one-sided game of footie. So that doesn't augur well in the lead up to this match esp as Hibs have similarly "messed about" when it comes to the art of striking and ensuring a good result is attained after playing well and creating lotsa goal opps. Hibs are still in the 3rd place position in the Scot Prem and this is our "game in hand" plus we can "claw back" some pts on Celtic's second place position. Will Hibs "blow it"? I reckon they will probably do exactly that. But their away form is good and surely some of these players must have some motivation to perform well? My problem is I just don't know what Hibs team will "show up" for this match. Of course, I don't have any great trust/belief in Jack Ross any more. Another question I'd like to ask is, "Are some of our players affected by COVID and the lockdown effects"? I'm just trying to figure out the reasons why they are so erratic in form!?

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
It is certainly a lottery at present as to which Hibs side shows up. Huh

Yogi will have his side set up in a similar vain to the last time we played them knowing we struggle to break down an organised defense.  First goal is so important , if we get it then our counter attacking will probably bear further fruit as they push on for an equaliser, if Ross get it, then it could be another long afternoon. Doh

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Unbelievable miss from Cadden.

We are playing with a bit more zip today. I'm feeling relatively confident thus far.

Half time 0-0.

We've been on top mostly but we haven't really worked their goalie. County are leaving big gaps as they push up, so hopefully we can take advantage.

1-2 now.
FT 1-2 and a big result for Hibs today although they really should've "put this game to bed" well before the last quarter of this match. Gotta say this match turned out to be a good game to watch - very entertaining! However, Doidgy was at his usual irritating best in terms of striking: one through ball from Nisbet just had to be kicked early "on the run" with the goalie caught out and it's a goal - 1-3, game over. Doidge opts to "take a touch" FFS. I'd luv to take this guy aside for a day wearing my "coach's hat" and go over all the things you don't do when in a scoring position!! As for Cadden's miss? Definitely not a striker and no "coolness personified". I thought Nisbet could've scored a "hat trick" today but Laidlaw did have a good performance in County's goal all the same. Lastly, I wish the likes of Boyle would show show a bit more coolness and guile in "passing in" Nisbet or Doidgy on goal particularly in the last 10 mins of this match when Hibs could quickly "break out" fast to counter the "staggies" desperate attacks to try and draw the match. Anyway, that is three precious pts gained and now six pts ahead of the Dons and I must say that pivotal moment, when ref John Beaton awarded that pk to Hibs, really seemed to lift the confidence of all the Hibs players to "push on". And no wonder when one considers it's the first time this season that the boys have turned around a 1-0 deficit. Well done!

GGTTH
Another hard-won 3 points when we should have scored more . Martin Boyle is getting a reputation for diving and he should watch his step. Ross Laidlaw putting in a bid to be Hibs next goalie.
Cabbage is still good for you
Doidge drives me absolutely potty.
Draw would have been a fair result as both sides had good chances in front of goal and but for some excellent keeping by both goalkeepers ( double save by Rocky was brilliant) , poor finishing and the woodwork the score would surely have been higher.

Seem to be on the right side of poor ref decisions again with the penalty for a "foul" on Boyle............never in my book and if we start to give pks for that type of contact then it will become a contactless game. Have sympathy for Yogi and know if that had been given at the other end we would have been spitting feathers.

Still, cannot look a gift horse in the mouth and Hibs move closer to third place and Europe...........so that means a couple of things.......... how poor the SPL is and that with the way we have played this season, we should get eliminated at the first stage.

Good to see Doig continuing to develop on the left and will become some player........expect to see some interest in him from elsewhere soon. Certainly a bright spark amongst a fairly drab and all to predictable side.

Still the 3 points are the most important thing and with the luck of the penalty, as 0762, says first time they have overturned a game having gone a goal down......well done indeed.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Notice Heckingbottoms in charge at Sheffield Utd til the end of the season.

God help them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »