Thread Rating:
Hibs v Motherwell, Sat 27 Feb, KO 3.00pm
This looks like a good fixture to play at this time v a team that appears to be affected by lotsa injuries to key players. I think Hibs biggest enemy will be complacency - gotta "show up" and win this match, keep pushing on to win this 3rd spot in the Scot Prem. C'mon Hibs.

GGTTH
Aye 0762, just the sort of "certain 3 points game",  Hibs tend to lose. Doh

'mon Hibs, show up.

GGTTH
Inverurie Jambo likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
So far my initial thoughts above are coming true....................halftime 0.1. Good goal from the on loan Hearts player with a lovely through ball. They have had two or three great opportunities. One tremendous block from Darren Mac.

As for us, too many posted missing in the first half and just a few half chances and playing like most games this season.

Why when their defender was down for 4 to 5 minutes are only 2 added on?  ( probably a blessing to be fair Wink )

Why does he continue with Doidge?

What will plan B be?

When will Ross change things?

So many questions but like Hibs so far there are no answers...........so far...........

And immediately Motherwell make it 0.2 at the start of the second half................perhaps Ross will change something now...............
"FOREVER UNITED"
Ross is just tactically clueless, same mistakes as when we last got beat off Motherwell, leaving Gogic on the bench is just stupid, plays far to many players who have zero form, I'd have never played Doidge. Just crap Hibs. A Motherwell team with zero form who just got hammered off St Johnstone and Hamilton. Typical Hibs.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Doidge is one of the most frustrating players ever to wear the jersey. Our defence seems desperate to give goals away this afternoon.

Still we are in a pretty decent position, last I checked the sheep were losing.
(27-02-2021, 18:31)BouncingHibees Wrote: Ross is just tactically clueless, same mistakes as when we last got beat off Motherwell, leaving Gogic on the bench is just stupid, plays far to many players who have zero form, I'd have never played Doidge. Just crap Hibs. A Motherwell team with zero form who just got hammered off St Johnstone and Hamilton. Typical Hibs.

Absolutely spot on re Gogic. Ross started with the wrong team and IMO should've changed it inside 15 mins to bring Gogic into that midfield "anchor role" after identifying the glaring weakness and the way the game was unfolding against Hibs. But he is not that kinda proactive manager to try to change things when it is obvious that the opposition are taking control of key areas on the pitch. Rank rotten today and that goes for the manager too - didn't impress at all. Murphy prob the crappiest Hibs player again, Doidge at his irritating best in front of goal. Started well for about the first 10 mins and then decided to fall into that complacent level of opponent that I described as a concern in my OP. Aberdeen losing 1-0 v the Hoops and chance gone v a team, as you say, previously hammered by St Johnstone and Hamilton. This is Hibs "in a nutshell" missing a big opportunity to solidify their 3rd place position in the Scot Prem and a manager who seems to be incapable of lifting his players or changing the course of a game when it has turned against Hibs in this way - DEJA VU!
BouncingHibees likes this post
6 wins from 17 home games.
Not to mention 3 doings at home from Ross co,motherwell and Livi since December.

We need to ask some questions about our performances at home.
I don't "get it" re this shite home record and Jack Ross clearly hasn't sussed the prob either. He clearly plays the same kinda strategy at home and yet doesn't learn from it or change it enough. If it wasn't for Hibs vg away record he definitely would've been "pushed oot the front door" and replaced with a more savvy manager.
We have "blown" it again and it must be down to the manager this time. Hibs had a real chance of leaving Aberdeen behind and almost ensuring European football next season but our home form let us down. Gone are the days when teams didn't took forward to coming to Easter Road but they can't wait now.
Jack Ross has done quite well since arriving but questions need to be asked about his lacking of a plan B when things are going wrong.
As hibeejim says we have had 3 hammering at home from teams in the lower third of the league, another couple could see us losing our 3rd spot to the Dons.
GGTTH
0762 and BouncingHibees like this post
I think the Dons' real lack of striking prowess up front renders Hibs prospects of holding on to that 3rd place as still being fairly positive. Also Hibs have a "game in hand" over the Dons and, boyyyy, I'd love to see Hibs winning that one and ensuring a 7 pts gap between them and AFC. However, the questions still remain re JR's all round management credentials? I've said before that I wish he'd overcome the apparent weaknesses in certain more testy matches and dispel the criticisms once and for all. I've come to the conclusion that he's incapable of adapting to these kinda situations that demand a more defined strategy and way of thinking esp after going through the same exercise so often. I'm curious to listen to his post match interview just to see if he utters the usual stuff re the players never showed up well, never got going, no chance of scoring today etc - a "stuck record player" from a manager who appears to have a limited ability to manage a footie team properly. IMO he certainly doesn't have the prolific striker that Hibs need to fight back in these games.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »