Thread Rating:
Hibs v Hamilton Accies, Sat 20 February, KO 3.00pm
This looks like a decent fixture for Hibs to take on following their unforeseen two week break due to the Ross Co match being cancelled. The Accies registered a morale-boosting 1-4 win last Saturday v Motherwell albeit v 10 men after O'Donnell was red-carded in the 1st half. So no complacency required from Hibs v a team that the guys should beat fairly comfortably but they've still gotta earn it and "show up" for the fight. Lets face it, there's a Scot Prem 3rd place "up for grabs" and that target should be their motivator to win this match with aplomb. Also here's hoping some of our injured players have recovered to return to the fray. C'mon Hibs! Lets keep this wee unbeaten run intact and "push on" towards the season end.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Aye, another tough game . Accies have had a couple of good results with the Motherwell game mentioned above and prior to that a deserved draw against sevco.

Think they play tomorrow against St Mirren so will watch that with regard to their form but hoping for a hard game for them so that we should be very much more rested than them come the weekend...........however we still need to turn up and compete. This is something that has been lacking at times this season especially at ER. Doh

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
It's beginning to sound all so familiar at Easter Road. Could/should have been 3 ahead at the break, but our very own enigma Martin Boyle misses a penalty. Will our heads go down to leave Accies a chance in the second half?
Cabbage is still good for you
Accies keeper has had a good game so far.
Unconvincing again but 3 points the most important thing.

Cause helped by the red card early on which in my opinion was harsh and milked big time by Boyle. Unsure the penalty was a correct call either.

Considering Hamilton have played twice since we did last, they stuck to their task well and still provided a threat even well into the second half.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! 2-0 and a couple of questionable ref decisions with the red card and that pk which Boyly unfortunately missed at a point of this game when he would've given Hibs some comfort to possibly play a more free-flowing and positive attacking style of footie. Aberdeen won 1-0 v Killie. So this win gives us 3 more precious pts "in the bag" and we move on to the next match.
Hamiltons red card overturned and a yellow given

In my opinion this is the correct decision although many Hibs fans were saying it was stick on red.  The problem is that any hard tackle at speed is always going to be a fraction of a second away from being mistimed and becoming a shocker. The stills of the incident show his foot was at the height of the ball which he did get before Boyle and then the only contact then was as he followed through and there was not a great deal even then. I know Boyle was at pace but he certainly milked the situation .

If Boyle had already knocked the ball passed him and then he took him out in the same way with his foot that high then I would have shouted for a red also.

Mind you I was brought up watching Harris of Chelsea and Hunter of Leeds so my judgement is probably clouded. Big Grin
ritchiebaby and Inverurie Jambo like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »