Thread Rating:
Isn't life strange
Cheltenham 2 Oldham 0

Given the recent league records of these two teams, a home win seemed most unlikely.
Oldham's record is for some reason better away from home, 4 wins and 2 draws in their last 6 away matches.
The Robins haven't won at home since beating Exeter on the 5th December and haven't scored twice in any game since.

So the best we can possibly hope for is another draw or a narrow defeat.

Well, based on the first half performance; here we go again. Not helped I thought by:-
1) Only 3 days since that monumental struggle against City.
2) Playing Andy Williams upfront when he too last scored against Exeter.
3) Ongoing injury problems with at least three first team players unavailable.

No score at half time although young keeper Josh Griffiths, one of the heroes on Saturday almost letting another speculative long range shot creep under his body and into the net. The Oldham players were in no doubt that it had crossed the line before Josh hauled it back.
Perhaps thank goodness VAR wasn't present.

The second half was equally even until the 54th minute when Any Williams scored a cracker of a goal. Receiving the ball out on the left, he advanced to the corner of the penalty area before unleashing a shot across goal that hit the inside of far post and into the net.
Could the Robins hold onto a one goal lead?
Well Oldham had their chances but failed to take them/
Alfie May, one of Saturday's heroes added a second just 7 minutes from time and the frequent wobble in the final minutes was averted.
Man of the Match?
For me,  Finn Azaz who really bossed the midfield throughout and actually played all 90 minutes. Smile
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »