Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, 27 Jan, KO 7.45pm
(28-01-2021, 10:40)newhavenhibby Wrote: Thought we battled well and created a couple of good openings in the first half, but once again, nothing came of them.

It was written in the gods, that once Clancy saw the Morelos incident as "a tangle of legs", he would score. We were fortunate he didn't add to his tally a few minutes later when missing from a couple of yards out. Also the other irony it was Porteous who was slow coming out with the defensive line that played him on......typical. As for the two handed push on Hallberg for the penalty shout......god knows where Clancy was?

Morelos is a "clever" f****r, as I have seen a number of his stamps as well and he does it during a close tussle so if the ref isn't watching 100% he misses it or is not sure. When you watch him again his right foot is quite a way above Ryan and it was possible to make an effort to miss him but in my mind he deliberately drops it onto the thigh. I think there is no doubt he meant it and all part of Gerrards game plan to intimidate Porteous. Gerrard is also a total arse, I can just imagine his ranting if the boot had been on the other foot and praising Morelos for not getting involved in "other" incidents......prick. The sooner he buggers off to Liverpool the better and I sincerely hope they finish below 8th in the EPL while he is there .......which would be their worst finish in the English top league since getting promoted in 1963 ish. Imagine, never having known a relegation or promotion battle. Big Grin

Once they scored they dropped deeper and were happy to let us have a bit more of the ball and wait for the quick break ( compared to the opening 10 minutes of the second half) and although we huffed and puffed did not do a lot second half, although there were a couple of dangerous crosses played in with no one getting on the end of them plus the penalty incident.  Again, once we go behind we look fairly toothless and the substitutes don't change anything............ Ross will always have is plan A.  Doh

So onto Dundee United who will be looking for a reaction after their drubbing v St Mirren..........as long as we don't concede first.

GGTTH

It's not so much morelos is being clever, he just knows he can get away with it now. It's blatantly obvious that the refs/linesmen just ignore his behaviour now in case Gerrard kicks off again.

As for the huns I can think of at least half a dozen pks the opposition should have had against them this season. 2 at Easter Road and one at ibrox for us alone. And blatant ones for Ross County and an insanely blatant 2 v Motherwell (the latter even prompting protest from one of their directors) I'd love to know how many PKs have gone against them in the last couple of seasons.

Morelos should have been red carded v Dundee utd,celtic and us just off the top of my head. Against celtic madden even held him back to stop him getting into bother Laugh

On the other hand whenever they have needed a soft pk they always get it. Would they have got full points playing with 10 men for 75 mins against us? Would they xxxx. Same v Utd. The refs are absolutely making sure this season, with no fans in the ground and sellick in disarray its too good an opportunity to miss.

They are cheats pure and simple.
0762, HerefordBull, ritchiebaby like this post
I think there is a certain amount of truth in keeping things sweet with Gerrard as most people in authority are in awe of him and woe betide if they upset him.......afterall he is a legend.  Doh  On top of this. won't it be great for Scottish Football for sevco to win it especially with said legend in charge.  Sick  Doh ......jokers

If it had been 0.0 with not long to go,  the same two handed push to the back of one of their players......100% a penalty would have been given.
ritchiebaby, hibeejim21, 0762 like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
I agree about Morelos not being clever, it's just that he doesn't care what he does because he knows he'll get away with it.

And Gerard goes on a deflection mission to please the WAP jobbies. Not only a pathetic example of a human being but an equally pathetic example of sucking up to his fawning fans.
Cabbage is still good for you
Still think he has been taught well by Gerrard Whistle Wink
"FOREVER UNITED"
(28-01-2021, 01:21)0762 Wrote: Listen to Gerrard's PM interview on SkySport and be gobsmacked re some of his comments on the Morelos assault - "bodyswerving" the issue and then ridiculously referring to other "incidents" on the pitch that he professed he didn't get involved in!!?? What incidents were they?????? I didn't see anything close to the Morelos assault on Porteous!! A f###### dishonest prick who couldnae "call a spade a spade" unlike Kris Boyd later on who eventually admitted that he'd be very surprised if Morelos was not retrospectively banned for that "stamp" as it would be deserved!! I definitely wanna see the max sentence applied by the SFA to Morelos who is not a first offender re this kinda stamping offence and then lets listen to Stevie G's response after that punishment is formally announced eh!! Maybe he'll be a wee bit more forthright re the truth of the matter!

I discovered tonight that the Hunery and Hun approvers on bbc Sportsound are using the 2nd half incident involving Darren Magregor and Kamara on the far touch line as a "whataboot this line" - inferring a deliberate (?) stamp by DM, an insinuation that I refute or am I missing something re this incident? I saw a wrestling match where he was off balance and then briefly trod on Kamara's lower leg before falling over with Kamara on the ground. Then he apologised but received a yellow card anyway. This incident was nothing like the Morelos assault on Ryan Porteous!!
ritchiebaby, hibeejim21, HerefordBull like this post
I dont think they even showed the pk incident?

Thats both Lennon and Mcinnes both alluded that sevco are playing fast and loose with the covid protocols.
I'm not surprised re those insinuations as I find RFC's noticeable "immunity" to being affected by COVID in the previous six months is either downright lucky or highly suspicious. It would be good to see more evidence backing up these assertions. I think there is a huge story attached to this as much as there is now re Rangers immunity to ref decisions governing red card offences and awarding of pks - the evolving stats re this issue are absolutely damning and open to scrutiny!
Gerrard called out referees after the Aberdeen match without any sanction whatsoever, which was incredible really. He knew he could get away with anything after that.

0 penalties against.
0 red cards.
8 penalties awarded for.
5 red cards to opponents.

League stats this season. Nothing remotely suspect about that eh ? Laugh
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Add to these stats the fact that there is no huge Rangers crowd to affect SFA refs who are officiating these matches! Therefore, what does one conclude from these revelations?? The age old Hun media excuse is no bias but ref incompetence as well as Rangers attack more than their opponents. But other significant incidents/offences do happen against Rangers in their pen box and in other areas of the pitch! And the fundamental rules of footie still apply OR IS IT SOMEHOW NOT THE CASE FOR PLAYERS WEARING RANGERS JERSEYS??? Week by week we are seeing a huge story unfolding esp in a contact sport like soccer and these stats are being supplemented by new damning stats covering this same issue that has evolved since the start of the Scot footie season in Autumn 2020. Interestingly it doesn't cover just one referee - there is a group of about four SFA assigned referees who are generally involved in this failure to the detriment of other Scot footie clubs that play RFC!
Gargoyle face charged for the assault on Porteous. Its all irrelevant now though.

If only someone like Matty Jack had been on the pitch, that wee rat would have landed on Albion road !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »