Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, 27 Jan, KO 7.45pm
Here we go AGAIN!! I rest my case re compiling a list of these ignored RFC misdemeanours on the pitch and the ref "fix"/dodgy calls that is ensuring there are no obstacles in the way of Rangers FC re awarding pks or issuing red cards against their players - zero pk awards and zero red cards against them from the start of the season!!!!???Thumb down This time a clear stamp by Morelos on Porteous - a straight red card all day long for a "fat boy" with history!!!!!!! Achhhh, we'll just ignore it eh!! I've previously harangued bbc radio Sportsound re the glaring factual evidence in certain Rangers matches and asking for an objective explanation re these unnatural stats - no answer yet!! I hope the SFA "retrospective boys" get their hands on the incident although a bit late as usual when the ref/ARs should've done their jobs properly!! THE BIAS/IGNORING THESE INCIDENTS IS BECOMING A BIT MONOTONOUS AND OBVIOUS EH!! Dodgy Gotta say re the game itself, "How can Hibs players like Doidge and Irvine not kick a f###### baw properly when put in such easy goal scoring positions"????
hibeejim21 and ritchiebaby like this post
H/T 0-0.

The games been pretty even but we probably had the best chance. But that was beyond blatant for the red card, that could have ended porteous's season BTW.

Ref and assistant both saw it and did nothing.

And the guy who should be off scores. Porteous fucked up.... Again.
Typical eh, guy who shouldn't be on the park scores, another in a long line of descions referees don't give against the current buns. Still Hibs in that second half where shambolic, nae belief, nae passion and no plan B, absolute garbage.
As ever the most important man in this fixture is the ref. This time the sfas finest had too irishy a name to send off morelos without living in fear for his windows... Or his next job.

Games an absolute joke. The SFA run by a veritable nest of huns.
BouncingHibees and 0762 like this post
Well re the "fat boy", I've observed about six "stamping" incidents (there is probably more than that number!) by him v the Dons, Celtic and Hibs - not all these incidents called out by the ref in charge, an absolute disgrace when you have more than one official on the microphones plus some of these incidents definitely ignored - outrageous practise by so called impartial, paid SFA refs!!!Thumb down
Agreed Porteous 100% at fault re the goal - marked up the "fat boy" on Hibs left and then ignored him FFS!!!??? You stay "man for man" and goal side of the striker!!!!!!! Utter folly by Porteous IMO!! Did the same at Hampden (didn't mark up!) for Saints' crucial first goal!! Agreed that Hibs near enough punchless up front in the 2nd half - no "game changers" IMO, all huff n puff stuff with no proper balance between mid and front line. Livingston winning tonight with two late goals and gradually catching up on Hibs position as fast as you like!Thumb down
ritchiebaby likes this post
After the goal went in you could see the belief drain away and heads go down. Ross has no idea how to lift a team facing a bit of adversity. We should have got something from that game.

That ugly wee xxxx morelos will get a 3 game ban likely, ruling him out v accies and killie.

They are romping the league, so you would think they would ease off on the blatant cheating now... But no its just too deeply ingrained.
0762 likes this post
Listen to Gerrard's PM interview on SkySport and be gobsmacked re some of his comments on the Morelos assault - "bodyswerving" the issue and then ridiculously referring to other "incidents" on the pitch that he professed he didn't get involved in!!?? What incidents were they?????? I didn't see anything close to the Morelos assault on Porteous!! A f###### dishonest prick who couldnae "call a spade a spade" unlike Kris Boyd later on who eventually admitted that he'd be very surprised if Morelos was not retrospectively banned for that "stamp" as it would be deserved!! I definitely wanna see the max sentence applied by the SFA to Morelos who is not a first offender re this kinda stamping offence and then lets listen to Stevie G's response after that punishment is formally announced eh!! Maybe he'll be a wee bit more forthright re the truth of the matter!
I missed it at the time but we had a clear penalty ruled out as well for a double handed shove in the box.
Morelos is a xxxx nut job, which is why no one is interested in buying him. Can you imagine if you have VAR in your league and having him in your team ?

I notice Clancy told Ross it was a tangle of legs Laugh Corrupt to the core.

I just wish someone would smash that horrible wee bastard, Back in the day there was a whole line up of Scottish defenders who would have hospitalised him. I've never hated a footballer as much since naismiths heyday.
0762 and HerefordBull like this post
Thought we battled well and created a couple of good openings in the first half, but once again, nothing came of them.

It was written in the gods, that once Clancy saw the Morelos incident as "a tangle of legs", he would score. We were fortunate he didn't add to his tally a few minutes later when missing from a couple of yards out. Also the other irony it was Porteous who was slow coming out with the defensive line that played him on......typical. As for the two handed push on Hallberg for the penalty shout......god knows where Clancy was?

Morelos is a "clever" f****r, as I have seen a number of his stamps as well and he does it during a close tussle so if the ref isn't watching 100% he misses it or is not sure. When you watch him again his right foot is quite a way above Ryan and it was possible to make an effort to miss him but in my mind he deliberately drops it onto the thigh. I think there is no doubt he meant it and all part of Gerrards game plan to intimidate Porteous. Gerrard is also a total arse, I can just imagine his ranting if the boot had been on the other foot and praising Morelos for not getting involved in "other" incidents......prick. The sooner he buggers off to Liverpool the better and I sincerely hope they finish below 8th in the EPL while he is there .......which would be their worst finish in the English top league since getting promoted in 1963 ish. Imagine, never having known a relegation or promotion battle. Big Grin

Once they scored they dropped deeper and were happy to let us have a bit more of the ball and wait for the quick break ( compared to the opening 10 minutes of the second half) and although we huffed and puffed did not do a lot second half, although there were a couple of dangerous crosses played in with no one getting on the end of them plus the penalty incident.  Again, once we go behind we look fairly toothless and the substitutes don't change anything............ Ross will always have is plan A.  Doh

So onto Dundee United who will be looking for a reaction after their drubbing v St Mirren..........as long as we don't concede first.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I 'd just add that I think Nisbet's scoring form has sadly disappeared for quite a while. He was on the vanguard of Hibs "push" to possibly take the 3rd spot in the Scot Prem and the expected goals, to add to his decent total of 11 so far, have not materialised. That is poss due to opponents making sure he is well marked because it does appear that he is almost the only source of Hibs goals. Even his "touch" of the ball in the last few games is bloody awful TBF. In comparison, Doidgy will sadly never be a prolific goal scorer - it is "hit n miss" with him and he may score the odd goal now n again. But I can't fault him re his work ethic on the pitch - he certainly tries hard to help the team. Also in order to score I perceive the service to these strikers needs to be better than of late. I was interested in Boyly's intro to this game in the 2nd half and his expected miserable contribution just confirmed to me what a mistake that sub decision by JR actually was!!Thumb down I personally would never have played Boyle at all mainly because of his unacceptably poor form and attitude on the pitch. I don't know if Ross has spoken to him privately to try and get out of the malaise that he is in but he should be doing that! Is it a COVID mental thing??? After all, these players are human things as much as lotsa other people in our society who are suffering. I think we need a victory asap to effectively settle the team and instill some kinda confidence to lift the players. I just hope it happens in the next match but in order to do that certain players need to "step up to the plate" and score the requisite goals. Also I'd like to see Newell's return asap as I certainly think his midfield contribution and urgency has been badly missed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »