Thread Rating:
Celtic v Hibs, Mon 11 Jan, KO 7.45pm
Strachan Jr as manager ...... Laugh

(11-01-2021, 21:23)BouncingHibees Wrote: Boyle isn’t playing, has a young family to think of, can’t blame um.

Boyles hardly been playing all season.

Listening to someone on BBC shortbread making sense of the rules. We cant suddenly change the protocol now I get that. But on the other hand celtic have announced 13 xxxx players/staff isolating hours before kickoff !!!
There is a huge moral dilemma attached to this story TBH!! A bit of common sense definitely missing from Celtic's position right from the start of this escapade.
(11-01-2021, 21:25)hibeejim21 Wrote: Strachan Jr as manager ......   Laugh

(11-01-2021, 21:23)BouncingHibees Wrote: Boyle isn’t playing, has a young family to think of, can’t blame um.

Boyles hardly been playing all season.

Listening to someone on BBC shortbread making sense of the rules. We cant suddenly change the protocol now I get that. But on the other hand celtic have announced 13 xxxx players/staff isolating hours before kickoff !!!

Meanwhile in other leagues games are getting called of for 4 or 5 with the virus.
Only one of them tested positive though.

Approaching half time - goalless, pitch looks shite and both sets of players look like they'd rather be elsewhere.
Another match in a rainstorm! HT 0-0 and no real threatening pace or creativity to "light up" this game. I'm already liking big Macey who looks like a potentially vg goalie so far. Wright is my biggest disappointment - again he looks like a player with limited ability to do anything and definitely doesn't have the pace to do real damage to teams. Therefore one is looking for a bit of guile to compensate for that failing - doesn't have that "in his locker" either. My only other criticism is re young Doig - stop hitting blind passes son FFS!! If a pass is on, pass the baw properly to the player who is available and reasonably close to you!!
We've probably been that wee bit better over the half. Wright as you say is an incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Turnbull looks like Celtics best player.

This game is there to be won if we just come out our shell a bit. There is nothing to fear.
Draw, had a chance to beat Celtic reserves but can't even do that, Nisbet saves some embarrassment but lets be honest watching Hibs is chronic and Ross still can't win big games and his tactics are awful, think he's only won 2 in 16 in the big ones.
....and contributed to Celtic's goal by bringing on Stephen McGinn for Halberg when the game was "ticking over" nicely for Hibs - we lose a goal 60 secs after that substitution and that needless FK offence committed by S McGinn. I shook my head in disbelief. A great free kick by Turnbull BUT the FK should never have been conceded!! On a positive note, lets celebrate Stevo's 500th appearance for Hibs FC and deserves all the plaudits for a wonderful career since playing for Hibs as a young kid. Also we scored a goal at last. Well done Kevin Nisbet and lets try to "kick on" from here.
Celtic created absolutely nothing, a patched together side of mostly slight players that bounced right off us. We looked so much fitter and stronger yet we sat in like this was a top celtic team out there.
To be fair hazard made a couple of decent stops but we didn't really do enough in an attacking sense for me to win tonight. It took a defensive howler from a set piece to get us a point in the end.

I find Jack's tactics baffling at times.
I've said it before - "The jury is still out re Jack Ross, how he approaches footie matches and his record of not being able to win big matches"!! It is glaring! Eg why change Halberg at that stage of the match when he was "up for it" and Hibs were applying decent pressure in pushing back Celtic. Look at the superior number of corner kicks awarded to Hibs as well. Re Halberg, I thought he had the best scoring opp of the game - a fabulous pass from Newell and I don't know what was in his head preceding his kick at goal from 4 metres - fast feet required and skelp the baw past Hazard before he could move!
hibeejim21 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »