Thread Rating:
Celtic v Hibs, Mon 11 Jan, KO 7.45pm
Agreed Scottish footie will get suspended sooner rather than later.

As for tonight.........just the game Hibs should win but won't as we all have seen many many times before. Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
(11-01-2021, 15:35)newhavenhibby Wrote: Agreed Scottish footie will get suspended sooner rather than later.

As for tonight.........just the game Hibs should win but won't as we all have seen many many times before.  Doh

Julienne, Barkas, Hazard, Taylor, Ralston, Henderson, Johnson, Ajeti, Broon, El Hamed, Rogic, Biton, Klimala all self-isolating with their manager, Neil Lennon. However, note there are still good players available foe Celtic.
Re Hibs response to tonight's match? Well I'll change my previous view re "one up top"! We have a vg away record. Therefore I expect JR's strategy to be similar in previous successful away matches. It has to be "two up top" and lets try to play an expansive attacking game against them. I notice Soros is not in that list. So one of my immediate ploys would be to stifle him with a man-marking tactic - absolutely mark him out of this match!!
Hibs should win this game tonight with a "bit to spare" but I still heed what Bouncinghibees and lotsa Sunderland fans have previously said about Jack Ross - HE DOESN'T WIN BIG MATCHES!! Thumb down So could we see a team of Hibs players embarrassing us and the footie club even further tonight v a scratch Celtic side??? Not if they apply themselves in the way that I would certainly be doing it as an ex captain of footie clubs!! Should Hanlon be on the pitch??? IMO I wouldn't play him in this match - no way I could justify fielding a liability even though he is the current Hibs captain! The only way I could possibly change that view is by demanding that he "gets a grip" and plays like a committed captain of Hibs FC and hope that the criticism has "sunk into his brain"!!!

GGTTH
That hardly looks like top team starting players, not having Lennon there is likely a boost to the players left. Someone at hibs was telling me though that the clubs actually deliberately arrange the seating, travelling etc for the players so that if there is a outbreak there is still a chance that they can field a team of players.

I'll reserve judgement til I see the lineups later.
HerefordBull likes this post
Agreed Jim.

If that is a correct list then their starting 11 will be very strong, but like yourself will reserve judgement until the team news.

I find it strange that Julienne did not have close contact with the other French players in the squad???, but they are not on the list.
0762 and BouncingHibees like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Hibs players where consulted and have agreed to play (some not too keen seemingly), won’t be happy if in a week we start having cases at the club.

Still looks like a strong Celtic team, can’t believe that the first team players where not in contact with other first team players now in isolation.

Breaking news. Hibs have asked Celtic players playing tonight be retested, SPFL and Celtic have refused, we have a cup game in 13 days and can’t afford the risk, Hibs should refuse to play.
0762 likes this post
Anyone got any news on karamoko?
Hibs should tell them to GTF and also very likely pull the Scot govt on to their side in the process!! Hibs FC is not the big offender in this fiasco!!
HerefordBull likes this post
Celtic v Hibs goes ahead. Easter Road club expressed concerns over the safety of their players but SPFL refused Hibees request for Celtic players to be retested and insisted match must be played tonight or points docked.

SPFL also refusing a investigation into Celtics trip, how embarrassing
Their team doesn't look that understrength apart from the bench and playing the bairn up top.
Yet Duffy starts at CB even though Kennedy said he was out. None of our players better come down with anything from this game, but to be honest they shouldn't if celtic have followed the protocols they and the league say they have.

Same situation as St Mirren earlier in the season where they had a positive test and keepers out but we still played the game. Our team looks decent, should be a good game.
Boyle isn’t playing, has a young family to think of, can’t blame um.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »