Thread Rating:
Hibs v Livingston, Sat 2 January, KO 3.00pm
(02-01-2021, 18:50)hibeejim21 Wrote: 2 absolutely shocking performances back to back. No excuses like, that was absolute torture to watch.

For starters lets look at Ross's starting line up: Rocky (injured during the warm up before the game began - couldn't make it up!) McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson, Gogic, Boyle, Newell, Mallan, Doidge, Nisbet

This Hibs team needed serious "freshening up". Did Ross do that?????? IMO no! Hibs have guys like Gray, McGregor, Doig on the subs' bench and adding Stevie Mallan wasn't the solution - a huge failure IMO! Also far too enterprising a line up v a Livy team that was playing well and unbeaten!! Again a failure - show a bit of caution and respect. Then change it when we are established and playing seriously for a result. I can't emphasise it enough - A MASSIVE FAILURE BY ROSS IN ALL ASPECTS OF PRESENTING AN ACCOUNTABLE FOOTIE TEAM TO PLAY A FOOTIE MATCH!!
HerefordBull likes this post
Another week of whats our best team, Jack Ross certainly doesn't know it. The two leaders on the park where in the other team and used to be in Hibs teams in Ambrose and Bartley, again another failure of Ross and his soft centre that he can't make up, Mallan is not the answer and should see the door he's had enough chances, Hanlon needs to hang his boots up, thank you for your service but your finished. Boring, shite, crappy football, must be the break coming up as most of those players where already on there holidays.
hibeejim21 and 0762 like this post
There was at least one piece of positive news today - the Jumbos got "done" 3-1 on their favourite away ground for f'### ups and "falling flat on their faces" - Dens Park, Dundee FC wins again!! Thank god for a wee bit of good news on a black Saturday!! Smile
It's not like them to soil the bed at dens park eh ?

I wonder if Levein was stuck in the bogs for old times sake Laugh
0762 likes this post
(02-01-2021, 22:14)BouncingHibees Wrote: Another week of whats our best team, Jack Ross certainly doesn't know it. The two leaders on the park where in the other team and used to be in Hibs teams in Ambrose and Bartley, again another failure of Ross and his soft centre that he can't make up, Mallan is not the answer and should see the door he's had enough chances, Hanlon needs to hang his boots up, thank you for your service but your finished. Boring, shite, crappy football, must be the break coming up as most of those players where already on there holidays.

I watched the bbc tv highlights of the Hibs match and I must add the Hibs goalie, Barnes, to the big offenders list - shouldn't see another game for Hibs, not good enough - no "presence" in Hibs goal and heavily involved in losing 2 x Livy goals. I thought he was awful with the third Livy goal even though Hanlon was an absolute duffer AGAIN!!! Thumb down What was he doing off his goal line???????? Also is Porteous not capable of heading a ball into the opposition goal from a free header from 4 yards ????? Done it twice in the last two matches and bizarrely opts to head past the post rather than at least head it on target!!!!!!!!!!!!????
On a different note, I just wanna comment that it is well seen that the "winter season" is well n truly with Scot footie fairly early and, after watching today's other Scot Prem matches, I must say the general standard is f##### well awful. The standard of goalkeeping and general defending is really embarrassing to watch. I occasionally watch BT tv coverage of the National League games in England and I'd luv to match up some of the top NL teams v certain SP ones as an experiment because I reckon the Scottish standard just touches that level based on tonight's observations - it is really awful footie with a huge lack of quality!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »