Thread Rating:
Hibs v Ross County, Wed 30 December, KO 6.00pm
Cummings is struggling to get a game at Shrewsbury.

Who said Ross County are good? I didn't. Read my posts on them.............They were better than us last night despite having had the same number of fixtures as us........the discussion was on how tired our players were compared to other sides, not on how good they were..........they are a fairly poor side, which makes last night worse. Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
I didn't actually say that you said Ross Co were good TBF!! How curious. I concur with Jim's 1st para comment re Ross Co in thread #18.
In #20 you asked me to look at their next few results to judge "how good" they actually are..........implying this may "change my mind" over them. If that implication was wrong I apologise. My thoughts were purely on the "tiredness" issue, which I don't buy.

Interesting to read your thoughts on John McGinn..........this season, up until the last couple of games he has struggled to get many plaudits on the Villa forums which I am on ( my home town club). He was being called unfit, fat and couldn't pass a ball for his life.........opinions eh! Chelsea game was one of the best games he has had for a long time and rightly won the MoM poll on the forum.

I agree they may be going through the new manager boost.......pity we don't see that reaction at Hibs when we go through the same process.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Se how it goes from hereon in! Jack Ross not on my "good books" at the mo as you can gather but in my case "the jury has been out" for a while when it comes to him handling difficult matches. He still gets pass marks for Hibs progress up to now for this footie season but I'm not convinced he is a "learning manager". We shall see in the months ahead.
Don't think we can complain too much about results this season. The cup game and Aberdeen game both backed up the assessment that Ross is another hibs manager that struggles to get through the big games though.

I'm still reasonably sure we are on the right lines, neither the old firm or games with hertz/aberdeen was there too much in it. A bit more quality and some better game management and we would have won through most of those games.

The only concern is in the back of my mind having watched that Sunderland documentary....I don't think ross came over well at all. He notably made a mess with recruitment and 'in game' tactics down there.
HerefordBull likes this post
Fear you may be right Jim Sad
"FOREVER UNITED"
(31-12-2020, 19:05)hibeejim21 Wrote: Don't think we can complain too much about results this season. The cup game and Aberdeen game both backed up the assessment that Ross is another hibs manager that struggles to get through the big games though.

I'm still reasonably sure we are on the right lines, neither the old firm or games with hertz/aberdeen was there too much in it. A bit more quality and some better game management and we would have won through most of those games.

The only concern is in the back of my mind having watched that Sunderland documentary....I don't think ross came over well at all. He notably made a mess with recruitment and 'in game' tactics down there.

The warnings from Sunderland fans on SM re JR's consistent lack of nous in various areas of managing a footie team have not gone unheeded by many Hibs fans.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »