Thread Rating:
Hibs v Ross County, Wed 30 December, KO 6.00pm
This should be an easy game for Hibs particularly with the Staggies definitely losing two players to previous red cards plus their form is awful. However, our players can't take anything for granted and must carry on with the fine form that has been displayed in an unbeaten run until that "fixed match" at Ibronx. I'd drop Gogic and "go for it" much like we did at ER Stadium v Saint Mirren. C'mon Hibs - lets end the year in style!!

GGTTH
"an easy game......"    

This is Hibernian FC we are talking about lol Big Grin

Being serious, I agree it should be 3 points and agree with your thoughts on Gogic. Keep Wright wide right and give Boyle a free role as Doidge will still be suspended I think.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby and BouncingHibees like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Also keep Boyly in a central striking role as I recall that he "ran riot" in our previous match v them in Dingwall but unfortunately left his scoring boots in the dressing room. Lets play the same strategy but JR to prompt Boyly to stop annoying everyone and start scoring more goals from the numerous scoring opps that are being created - he has great pace but doesn't score enough goals to compliment that fast movement IMO!!
As I , jokingly, referred.......no easy games for Hibs.

Toiling big time. Why does Doidge stay on the pitch?

Oli Shaw, remember him!, makes it 2.0 for Ross.........game over.
"FOREVER UNITED"
But note - another nightmare Hanlon moment to lose this second goal and match tonight!! Done it before! Also why did it take 60mins to remove Wright from the pitch????? A guy who doesn't wanna take any responsibility at all - anonymous and should've been removed after 35 mins!! Again Jack Ross "found out" in a tactical sense and my previous doubts are raised re a manager who stands on the side lines and watches his midfield area being overrun (4-4-2 v 4-5-1????????) after that shock first goal and his opponents getting into the area that Gogic normally patrols!! And the biggest criticism is that Hibs have still created 4 x great scoring chances to win this game easily - 2 x Doidge misses, a great Newell chance to score and how did Porteous miss a glorious chance to bury his header past Laidlaw (they never "worked" the goalie in the whole match FFS!!!!Thumb down)???????? Deja vu, they've done the same again as in many previous games at ER Stadium - a disgrace and an embarrassment TBF!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH and a previous comment I made is so accurate re Hibs "Achilles heel" in footie matches - we need a true pen box striker and would be close to second position in the Scot Prem if clinical finishing was the norm for this team! Lastly, I must say I listened to Jack Ross's comments after the Rangers match and he commented that they were trying to establish a "winning mentality" at ER Stadium, something that is lacking in the players' mental capacity. I previously called it a "boot room" culture in the dressing room - this is all talk but action must be subsequently taken to change it or IMO Ross must "fall on his sword" as this embarrassing kinda result is becoming too predictable much like the BF Cup semi-final that will soon be played out at Hampden next year - I believe this is another reasonably "big match" that Ross is incapable of winning if he doesn't "brighten up" his ideas and methods - never wins big matches, a big bugbear of lotsa Hibs fans, and is consistently "found out" as forewarned by many Sunderland AFC fans!!
Having watched Hibs for more time than I can remember this result is no surprise in many ways. Like a lot of fans they had the game won before a ball was kicked. Well done to Yogi.

Didn't work Laidlaw enough and I hope even we may have scored if one of our strikers found themselves in as much space as Shaw had, having said that Doidge would have probably missed the target. Doh

I'd have preferred to see Doidge taken off, Gogic come on, push Newell forward and play Wright wide right giving Boyle a free role.......he still needs a final ball though!

Livi on Saturday and again a big banana skin for us..........looks like our usual New Year dip in form and results has started early. Whistle
Inverurie Jambo likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
I disagree re Wright who I regard as the last player I'd have on the pitch after losing an early goal - I've played alongside guys like him in days gone by (in games just like this one) and they don't wanna drive forward, don't take any responsibility and the forward pass that should be kicked to strikers' feet is reversed back to a player behind - seen it all before. Agreed re a quick change to Gogic taking up the space that they were exploiting after that early Paton goal and "off with Doidge" who is infuriating in a scoring sense - again seen it all before. Re Jack Ross, one must "slam in" to his ineptness on the Hibs touch line and I can honestly say I'm not the only Hibs fan who has been observing this deficiency in his management/coaching capability. This result was absolutely avoidable v a team that has never won a league match in months but accepted they were organised with quite a few "old heads"/journeymen in their ranks. That is where any concession ends on that score. What a f### up! Thumb down
Said it before but we have got away with a few really poor showings (especially at home) this season and managed to get points so I guess we were due to come a cropper at some point. Tonight our finishing and final ball were a real problem.

I'm going to put the night down to a bad day at the office, but I'm still not totally convinced by our midfield and the players that ross has brought into that area. He was totally schooled by big yogi the night as well.
Jim. That's the whole point re Ross and his ineptness to counter a strategy that is exposing his own formation and identifying players who are not contributing to the game plan - YOU CHANGE IT AND CHANGE IT EARLY IF NECESSARY!! Remember a previous manager, Neil Lennon, when he was "in his element" at ER Stadium - night and day! I rest my case!
Correct Jim re getting away with a few games this season. In a results driven industry fans only look at getting the 3 points and start thinking we are better than we actually are.

Our midfield needs more steel and desperately some creativity.   Wright looked OK in the last game wide right which is why I would have put him there once Doidge was off. The way things were going I would have probably put Bradley on after his cameo last week , he couldn't have done much worse.

Need to see a reaction v Livi who, like Shaw and Laidlaw, have ex players in their side keen to put one over us, none more so than Marv Wink

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »