Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup final: a pk decider and IT'S A CELTIC RECORD "QUADRUPLE TREBLE"!!!!!
Celtic again showing "Jeckyl and Hyde" defensive qualities and really should've "put this game to bed" inside the first 45 mins after comfortably taking a two goal lead v a Hertz side with "has-beens" named Berra and Walker in Neilson's starting line up. Berra is a donkey with no pace!! But again weaknesses in the CB and goalie positions, with errors that needlessly allowed Hertz back into this game, that definitely have to be redressed asap although Celtic's young goalie, Hazard, redeemed himself with two "pk deciding saves" v two Hertz players, who "choked" on the pressure, and he became the hero who won the cup for Celtic after flogging two goals in this 3-3 draw - learn to punch a ball properly son or stay on your goal line! Watch Craig Gordon's face when he thought it was his "moment of footie history" for Hertz after saving Christie's pk - a sight to behold together with Hertz captain Halkett's greetin face after the final whistle - priceless lol!! Laugh Plus the tripping faces on their whole squad of players - GUTTED AFTER THEY THOUGHT THEY'D WON IT!!! Laugh Maybe there is a football god after all who does issue retribution to cheating semi-finalists - what a fitting "oh we're in with a chance" scenario to see them finally f####d up in this way lol!! Laugh
Best moments of this match? Christie's cracking opening goal, a 20 yard shot in the "postage stamp corner", was special - a bit of quality in an attractive match (but lacking real quality/class!) and nae chance for Gordon to save it!! Plus Sparky's ET goal, a strike that should've been the winner - a "poaching Hibee" and a "hammer of Hertz" down the years and his opening pk in the pen decider was also very good.
Lastly, one must comment re this Scot Cup tourney being played out in the way it was anyway. The whole compromised SFA arrangement with cup-tied players being allowed to play for the four remaining clubs was highly questionable from the very beginning and I'd call this particular domestic trophy the COVID-19 Scottish Cup - the whole scenario, with changed rules, without fans in a huge stadium and "playing in an echo chamber" is downright surreal as observed when the English FA played out their cancelled 2019-20 FA Cup tourney later on in the summer - it was so notable that I can't even remember who won it!!
Heartsed it Laugh Laugh Laugh What a mad game.

Honestly sellick had it in the bag 1st half,christies goal was a thing of beauty and if Edouard hadn't been so half arsed with his finishing they would have Scooshed it. They are just so fragile at the moment i cant see them winning anything else this season. I cant help but think we would have beat them today. The young lad Hazard had an absolute mare but showed real balls in the shootout, if anyone deserved a medal its him.

How the xxxx Naismith didn't get sent off is anyones guess. I wouldn't tire of punching that horrible wee scrote.

A quadruple treble is an incredible achievement, think this is their Swansong though.
0762 likes this post
I think Edouard needs a "foot up the arse" because he has been consistent with this level of underachievement/letting the side down for a while OR told to f### off in January. NL's prob is he has no great quality cover for the CF position as the Griffiths' prob never goes away and he is not a "ready made replacement". Also previously mentioned, he must quickly find a solid goalie - this would make a huge difference to a nervy defence that has not had a reliable goalie behind it, an autumn transfer farce btw!
Lastly, IMO he needs James Forrest to finally return - the winger has been a huge miss. I also think Mikey Johnson's return is a bonus to a team that needs more penetrative wing play and Frimpong should be "warming the subs' bench". Lastly, it wouldn't surprise me if Lennon transferred in somebody like Simunovic (left Celtic in the summer) or his predecessor Benkovic (loaned from Leicester City). I reckon he'll go to Leicester City or similar to strengthen his defence. He needs to somehow keep going positively until January. IMO he won't win at Ibrox with this team but Hibs might do him a favour before their fixture v the Huns.
Re that little Hun scumbag, Naismith, there's a great video shot on Twitter showing Broony "rubbing Naismith's nose in it" and mocking him after the winning pen converted by Ajer and being ushered away by other Celtic players! Priceless!! A real snap shot of "GIRUY you Hun bastard" - you can almost read Broony's lips as he is being dragged away lol!!Laugh Note the result matters against these shitty little bastards like Naismith and THEY LOST!! As Broony prob said it so fittingly - GIRUY, go home and mope - game over and you lose AGAIN!!
Gotta laugh at Neil McCann getting all outraged about edouards panenka.

Guys a complete joker.
Just realised Lennon has now won a treble as celtic manager and player.

Hats off. Maybe the fans should cut him a bit of slack for a couple of weeks at least Laugh
Aye right enough! Lennon the only person to hold that Scot footie record. Re Neil McCann's stupid remarks I'm guessing that Craig Gordon is his pal or he couldn't get his head around Hertz being 2-0 down and looked "dead n buried" with a likely 3-0 or 4-0 "pumping" coming in the second half. McCann has a previous history of this kinda shit and the words "bad loser" really stick to this guy where it doesn't take much to "wind him up". Also haven't you noticed that he has such a high regard for himself when one listens to some of his footie conversations on the likes of bbc Sportsound.
hibeejim21 likes this post
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football...d=msedgdhp

The surreal nature of this particular Scot Cup win is epitomised by this post-match virtual celebration by Celtic FC using electronic notice boards. The fact of the matter is that no massed ranks of fans were ever gonna watch or celebrate the achievement of any winner in this case and this is a huge loss to the occasion and such a historic success - all because of a pandemic the likes of which nobody ever imagined would cause so much disruption to normal living.
I didn't realise that gordon threw the ball at Edouard after the pk, xxxx should have been red carded for that. A panenka is no different to a bit of show boating from a outfield player. As long as you get the ball in the net thats all that matters. Mccann was just showing his true colours.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/cel...d=msedgdhp

Simunovic urged by many Celtic fans to return to Celtic Park. An observed defensive weakness very clear to most Celtic fans. Releasing Simunovic in the summer and bringing in Duffy definitely not making sense when one compares both players' performances for the Hoops.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »