Thread Rating:
Rangers declare a £16M annual loss this time around!
Remember the £11M annual loss last year, and just like 2019, I must reiterate their accumulative debt/loss is massive and far more than these recent losses - IT MUST BE ONE OF THE WORST KEPT SECRETS IN SCOTTISH FOOTIE AND YET THEY KEEP ACTING AS IF THIS MASSIVE DEBT DISNAE EXIST AND THEY CONTINUE OPERATING AS THOUGH ALL IS HUNKY DORY AND THEIR BIG CLUB STATUS PREVAILS REGARDLESS - A TOTAL CON AND YET NOBODY WANTS TO DEBATE THIS IN THE MEDIA ETC!! Sevco and deja vu anybody??????????
Not only that, they have a 20 million plus hole in their accounts.

King charging them 8% interest on his £5 million loan.

Going concern uncertainty.

liabilities, court cases and secured loans all over the shop.

Massive jump on tax deferrals also from 2019 to 2020.

An absolute train wreck and the SFA wont say a word lest their windows get tanned.
0762 likes this post
It is a form of "football mafia" that is operational within the realms of Scottish footie and it is totally unacceptable TBF - threats and intimidation coming from any footie club are totally unacceptable as well and worthy of sanctions. Indeed, didn't UEFA monitor Rangers financial operations and were "on the brink" of applying sanctions and a possible ban from Euro participation?
I also hear they have started paying back the tax man and they are currently very interested in current Rangers operations.
It is "high time" that various authorities showed a keener interest in Rangers FC's activities and that includes the Scottish govt as well. Even the mass display of Union Jack flags in their empty stadium is something that I perceive to be highly political and steeped in sectarianism, again something that UEFA should be more interested in than they actually are esp after their "poppy gaffe" last year!!
No chance, the SFA are absolutely on board. They let their last incarnation trample over the rules of the game while they defrauded the taxman, and their staff actually colluded with them to do it. Not an earthly they or the Scots gov will do anything.
I must reiterate that is an absolute disgrace that no civilised footie playing country with any kinda standing/credibility should be tolerating seriously!! It just shows you what we are up against in Scotland when watching the same "chancing" practises that we have observed before - absolutely outrageous and unacceptable!!! I remember about 2-3 years ago there was a Scot footie fans' clamour to shut down the SFA and reform/transform it to a far more accountable and modern, 21st century footie institution. It is a great pity that didn't happen during that period of scrutiny by many footie fans throughout Scotland who are still unimpressed by this shadowy group of people in the SFA.
After the rather pleasurable images of their racist fans getting a serious skelping from the hands of Danish riot police last night (which our police should have done at george square), we now get the news they have losses of 23.5 million Laugh

When you look into that for 5 mins you can see what a trainwreck those figures are.

King adding distress levels of interest on his loan while Park and Bennett cover the losses.

A quantum of future transfer receivables (seriously)

They need 7.5 plus pumped in to keep them alive this season.

29 million in loans to keep them going last season.

The Castore deal is clearly a dud as well.

105 million down the stank since they reformed. For a team in our league that is incredible.

The SFA refs are going to have to seriously up their levels of cheating, cos if this mob don't win the league this season admin is a serious possibility.
0762 likes this post
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...g-25384884

That's exactly what I'm watching out for - the level of ref collusion possibly intensifying as Celtic pose a problem by gradually getting stronger. Year on year, they have racked up massive debts. I reckon under Gerrard's stewardship they've accumulated about £50M debt. And their full amount of accumulated debt must be massive. As for the Park comment that his 10 year plan is still on course while ignoring the year on year debts going back to King's time at the club. It reminds me of similar disguised comments by SDM in the years preceding their financial collapse and his humiliating £1 sale of the Govan club to Mr Whyte.
Bought for a quid and go on to lose 100 million in 9 years.
Any other club and the media would be tearing the place down for answers.

The CL money is barely going to touch the sides as well, and they are going to have to replace a whole load of players pretty soon. Their best bet is Gerrard heading south and taking lots of their dross with him, cos no one else is going to pay big money for them after seeing those figures.

They are robbing Billy to pay Billy so to speak, just to stay in business..... there is something deffo no right going on behind the scenes there.
Inverurie Jambo, ritchiebaby, 0762 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »