Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
I went on the bus to the footy yesterday with my mate for only the 2nd time he's bothered to turn up this season. I've missed one maybe two home games in midweek so far, I think. We first met on the bus going to the footy when "I were no'but a lad" to give you a rough idea of how long I've known him.

He made the comment that "all the labour Party wants to do is control what everybody does". I won't bore you with the details of who he votes for, but er, yes, exactly. He's yet to wake up to find out what he won't be allowed to do shortly.

He turned up in the wrong pub after the match, which also explains a lot about those that don't listen or can't hear or see the bleeding obvious.

There are times when you just bite your tongue and walk away (eventually).
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
PS - happy to talk football with him - I gave in on politics years ago.

Horses - water - drink - think you might get the drift
A guide to cask ale.

I'd apply the same philosophy to my mother-in-law although talking footie isn't part of that response. Totally oblivious to a lotta the pro-Union shit that is going on up here and can't "get her head around" the pro-indy stance taken throughout almost all family ranks to the point where she is "frosty" towards people (like me) who are close to the Scot FM and the SNP plus the Scotindy movement. Also supports nuclear weapons located in Scotland, something we are vehemently opposed to. Hence we don't debate most political stuff with her any more - given up even bothering, a sad waste of time TBH!!
My auntie was a Tory councillor. First time I went to her house with Chaffers, forgot to mention there was a plate on the wall of Thatcher. Blush

She wasn't impressed.  Laugh

Anyway, we never talk politics with the old aunt.  Whistle
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I must also add my MIL gave Trump a high regard (at the beginning of his political campaign and nightmare US Presidency), and similarly favouring Brexit!! Thumb down Now totally reticent when either subjects are briefly mentioned and ridiculed in my house!! It is so discreetly satisfying to watch her clear discomfort when either subject arises due to some new negative media revelation. I have an oil painting pinned to my living room wall that displays a seascape where a dark storm approaches from the west and into a beautiful sunset setting on the horizon. I jokingly call it Brexit (the storm is approaching to disrupt our stable way of life!!) with my kids and relatives and occasionally observe her absolute reticence/no response when raising this humorous point. She doesn't wanna discuss it any more or even try to defend her previous backing of such a shambolic change to a country that didn't want it "shoved down our throats" and didn't vote for it. IMO no point even "pushing it" any more!!
Tories trying their best to appease their voters now with - putting down the BBC, using the military to turn back immigrants in the channel, and oh yeah we really do care about the plebs up north so here's a dossier of stuff we are never going to do for you.

Look!! Keir Starmer drinking a beer !!!!!

Etc Etc.
0762 likes this post
They'll no doubt be raising a glass or two in Downing Street this afternoon to that photo
A guide to cask ale.

(17-01-2022, 11:46)hibeejim21 Wrote: Tories trying their best to appease their voters now with - putting down the BBC, using the military to turn back immigrants in the channel, and oh yeah we really do care about the plebs up north so here's a dossier of stuff we are never going to do for you.

Look!! Keir Starmer drinking a beer !!!!!

Etc Etc.

It just confirms the horrible bunch of chancers that we are actually dealing with. I'm just curious to see if a significant proportion of the voting population down south are gonna be taken in by these latest desperate actions. It will be absolutely scary if they are duped by this kinda shit - no hope for the future if it is condoned and people try to "gloss over" what IMO is a huge problem in the functionality of the British state and the massive lack of a true constitution in proper governance of a country, a huge factor in why such scandalous abuse of power is being allowed to happen.
They think the line 'lets wait for the Sue Gray report' like we are all buttoned up backwards, we all know it will be a cover up like so many other occasions with this government
Even if it isn't he'll ignore it like all the other reports (Priti Vacant et al) and she'll probably end up resigning.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »