Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Well I think he actually said the country wasn't corrupt - which thee 'n' me and our ilk aren't (I think) for the most part, but far too many of his Party and Tory MP's in general quite obviously are. Might be a few on the oppo benches too but by and large, far, far fewer have another job that could lead to shouts of corruption, or if they did have a full time or "consultancy" job before they entered Parliament, they handed in their notice.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
My main point re Johnson actually talking about corruption of the country is the embarrassing nature of it - should never have been touched upon at all in such a high profile event that was staged to debate important climate related policies and proposals globally and not stuff that is central to the UK and its relative government.
Think his reputation goes before him abroad. There are plenty that know what he and his cabinet are. Honest isn't one of the words any of them use to describe him.
A guide to cask ale.

(24-11-2021, 20:59)theo_luddite Wrote: Think his reputation goes before him abroad. There are plenty that know what he and his cabinet are. Honest isn't one of the words any of them use to describe him.

He's there for a specific purpose. Getting the hardest brexit and selling off the NHS which is happening quickly now. Covid has been an additional bonus for a lot of their chums.

After the sad death of those poor people in the channel the tories couldn't help themselves but blame the EU. I mean the distrust and anger he has provoked often deliberately with Europes politicians has meant any chance of consensus on what is a very difficult issue was impossible. The immigration figures show it's not even a major problem for the UK anyway.

The tories are copying what the Aussies did with their "Turn back the boats" policy, ie push Indonesia into keeping refugees and asylum seekers there, until there is an election when a few are allowed to leave to stoke up outrage via the Murdochs rags.

Problem Boris has is A) France and Macron are different gravy to indonesia, and B) He's a xxxx idiot.
Patel and Johnson told to do one by the French after their pathetic responses to this week's tragedy.

It's really quite simple how to shut down most of the "illegal migrant" routes and that is to re-open the legal ones that the racist witch and her boss has shut down. There will still be a few who come in by other routes, there always has been, but unlike the vile lies put out by this pair and certain newspapers, we know who they are, they come here to work to get a better life, not to scrounge off the state.

We've a million+ jobs available (if you believe the way they add up the vacancies) and well over that number went home thanks to our racist government feeding the fire of a significant percentage of the population. I think we can cope with a few thousand refugees and migrants from war zones that we've helped create with our arms sales and get them into some of those jobs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59428311

This was a breaking story so the link might change.
0762 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

That's right, theo. There's only one way to solve the problem of migrants crossing the Channel in unseaworthy boats. And that's to charge the migrants £300 to come across in a ferry and land legally with a view to becoming useful members of society like most of them already here turn out to be. That way we undercut the people traffickers, hopefully putting them out of business, and we get thousands of willing workers.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Yep! Good comments. The unimpressive narrative from Johnson and Patel really says it all re the whole saga of Brexit anti-migrant bullshit that they have peddled alongside other shit heids like Farage and other RW morons like him. They've been "found out". It's the fact that there is still a huge chunk of the populace down south who astoundingly regard Johnson as still acceptable as the person they voted for. Very concerning esp when lotsa Tories starting to "see the light" as well!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/st...hp&pc=U531

It's a curious change when one reflects back to this chancing Brit Tory govt changing the inflationary measure for the annual pension calculation from the well established RPI (Retail price index) calculation to the CPI (Customer price index) one that conveniently favoured the govt fiscal interest. So they were already "at it" in trying to "claw back" money from unsuspecting pensioners. Now Johnson changing the rules again, going back on another Tory govt promise, to suit their own fiscal requirements - an easy target or so they perceive it to be.
Be interesting if the grey pound spenders desert him in droves at the next election. Of course, the opposition would have to promise to make up the difference. There's the Bodgit promise and there's the other political party promise. Hmmm.
A guide to cask ale.

Is there anybody left in the country who trusts politicians?
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »