Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
I think Boris has almost reached the point at which so much is known about him by so many (that could be damaging) that it no longer matters. He can hire and fire as he likes. He's basically told Gavin Williamson that however black his black book is, he's just shite at every job he's given. Gove is as clever as he is appalling, but Plug from the Bash Street Kids in charge of Housing? Truss is popular in the party, is it because she looks and sounds like everyone's PA? Priti Patel stays at the Home Office because her background makes all kinds of dreadful opinions acceptable and drowning a few migrants in the channel easier to get away with ...... Raab was making too many public mistakes - he had to go down, but not out.

It's like being at Eton or getting involved with an Oxbridge Debating Society. The alternative is Footlights and a job at the BBC.
So, we want a trade deal with the EU but we didn't want to sign up to the trade deal that was already there and would have solved the Irish Border problem at a stroke. Now we want to do this - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/202...aws-brexit

Now, the dullards in Downing Street, and those elsewhere that voted for Brexit, might not have grasped this yet, but if you want to sell anything into Europe, particularly into the EU it has to meet or beat their standards. Are they really claiming their standards are, er behind the times?

Are these clowns trying to say we've got better technology coming through than them in cars/vehicles when, er, apart form a few small manufacturers our main auto builders are owned by European, Indian or Japanese manufacturers, who are mostly at the centre of these new technologies and many if not all have factories, er, guess where? There's a reason why Musk chose to put his first European factory in Germany, it's not a million miles away from why Disney built their European theme park outside Paris instead of outside Larndan. Just don't expect the current dullards of Downing Street to ever understand why.

While there was (might still be) a huge difference in US and EU safety standards (a Ford Focus in the US weighed more or less the same as one in the EU, while the smallest engine available in the US was the biggest one in the EU, guess where the weight saving comes from - cheaper, thinner and not so crash effective steel bodies) not so very long ago. If we're going down that route again then sorry, but the Yanks ain't gonna buy our stuff at our prices unless it's high end (Range Rover, Jaguar etc) and the EU ain't gonna buy it either if it doesn't meet their standards. I somehow doubt that the likes of Nissan would build to some new crap UK standard when they have a far bigger EU market. Maybe they could employ the guy that puts the wobbly wheel on the supermarket trolleys to fit one on the cars just for the UK market?

So are we really going to go back down the old Blitish Reyrand route of dangerous crap that kills people - only in battery powered crap with shit self-driving satnav control that kills people by sending them into the woods or the side of a building?

We're building more and more miles of motorways that do that really effectively, so why not put more shit vehicles back on the road to accelerate the carnage? It ultimately saves the government a fortune in pension payments. Or are they inventing a vehicle that gives us Covid and kills us anyway? I think we should be told.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Tories carrying on doing what brexit was designed for in the first place - Keeping prying eyes away from those offshore earnings AND freeing up the UK taxpayers contributions by placing them in the pockets of tories and their donors. I mean who do you think is going to be providing this social care anyway? Oh aye Private companies they are all Baw deep in.

Basically anything that gets in the way of this blatant, disgusting robbery of the British people can just GTF. Whether its peace in ireland, the fate of scotlands seafood industry or disruption of the food supply chain .... Just minor inconveniences whilst these clowns fill their pockets.

The oldest trick in the book - sow division over immigration by playing to the bigotry of the boomer generation - then go liberate those wallets. The EU cast as the big bad bogey men with their nasty red tape and inflexibility at fault for every xxxx thing thats went wrong in the UK since 19 canteen.

xxxx scum. I hate the tories with a passion.
0762 likes this post
Likewise Jim. They are currently "pissing me off" almost on a daily basis. I can't believe the things they are shamelessly getting away with on a regular basis and nobody doing a thing about it in a country that appears to be devoid of serious protest any more (Extinction Rebellion excluded). Last night I watched the bbc "roll out" that shameless, hateful little turd, Lord Lilley, an ex Thatcher Cabinet "thug", and unsurprisingly a Brexit illusionist, who was giving his tainted view on why the NI Protocol should be removed and the EU/ROI guest should accept Brexit and stop saying that he will stop it. The guy never said anything like that, but was highly critical of the Brit govt's consistent intransigence in negotiations to overcome the probs generated by Brexit while formally agreeing to abide by the rules set out in the Withdrawal Agreement. Lilley is just another one of lotsa of these Tory illusionists who don't wanna discuss the reality that Brexit isn't working and the huge input of derogatory information corroborating that fact - BREXIT WAS A LIE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND NOW LOTS MORE PEOPLE UP N DOWN THE COUNTR ARE GRADUALLY WAKING UP TO THE ENORMITY OF THE LIES AND DECEPTIONS AND THE NEGATIVE IMPACT IT IS HAVING ON THEIR LIVES. A common question brought up by many of them is, "Why was I never made aware of this negative info associated with Brexit"??? Answer: "Because you might change your mind after realising you've been duped"!!!!
Oh come on. The EU is just a different set of capitalists who don't give two shits about the working class. Several of its member states are either falling apart or descending (or ascending as they see it) into fascism and are every bit as petty and even more bureaucratic than our idiot government.

What do you want to do - reapply for membership? That'll take years because it would only need one country to block the application - which is exactly the same problem an independent Scotland would sadly face. They'd like our money back. It's us they don't want and I can't blame them for that.

Whatever level of shit we're in time-travel to the past isn't going to be the solution. If the EU miraculously agreed to us coming back how punative do you imagine the terms would be?
I fail to see how inflation, staff shortages, and food supply issues are helping the working class ?

Must be another of those brexit benefits.
In June last year I paid £0.997/litre for petrol at Asda. Last week I paid £1.307/ litre. How the feck does this government work out inflation is less than 3%? Dodgy maths must be another Brexit benefit in amongst all the other lies.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(20-09-2021, 17:25)theo_luddite Wrote: In June last year I paid £0.997/litre for petrol at Asda. Last week I paid £1.307/ litre. How the feck does this government work out inflation is less than 3%? Dodgy maths must be another Brexit benefit in amongst all the other lies.

Least you aren't having to order 0.568 litres of beer down the pub like those Cucked EU citizens.
(20-09-2021, 20:42)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(20-09-2021, 17:25)theo_luddite Wrote: In June last year I paid £0.997/litre for petrol at Asda. Last week I paid £1.307/ litre. How the feck does this government work out inflation is less than 3%? Dodgy maths must be another Brexit benefit in amongst all the other lies.

Least you aren't having to order 0.568 litres of beer down the pub like those Cucked EU citizens.

All this talk of imperial measurements is a distraction technique. We use both imperial and metric. What they going to do next? Bring back the old money? I read somewhere that they are putting the Crown symbol back on pint glasses but I always thought they were always on glasses and on products to denote that it met certain standards? The CE mark on products means 'Conformite Europeene' mark to say it meets European standards. It's like the different colour passports, we didn't need to change the colour from blue or black to a red burgundy, we only did it because everyone else. It's like they are trying to find small wins and calling them a bonus when there not.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY

Wasn't it recently debated at 8% Theo with BOE officials debating the issue with the likes of the bbc and other media sources?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »