Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Yep! I totally agree; note the Scot FM has shared similar sentiments on the subject and the fact we must try to ensure our kids' education is not restricted by this pandemic. Btw I certainly place less emphasis on the threat coming from secondary schools compared with the huge threat that I expected from the universities - the start of their 2020 curriculum and subsequent students' activities definitely "lit the touch paper" as we all witnessed here and in England. Boyyyy, that was so frustrating particularly when many of us really "saw it coming"!!! Indeed I also wrote a "letter of concern" to The National newspaper on this very subject and I wasn't the only reader to do so either!!
In my opinion, home learning/blended learning is the answer for secondary schools and universities. The big national surge in cases, etc came in mid-September and was probably caused by people not obeying social distancing rules, rather than restaurants opening up in August. Since mid-September the cases, etc have really accelerated and has little to do with restaurants, bars, shops being open, when there is some control over compliance.

There is no control over different households meeting in private.

All these are general and not specific trends, but I'm not expecting a "normal" family Christmas and New Year. "Normal" to me means having a family meal at home with 8 people from 3 households.
Cabbage is still good for you
Re the home learning/BL provision, I thought the universities had set up the foundation for that model to work but then there was so much "vested interest" in them retaining access to their students' accommodation facilities etc while many students were complaining that their university course packages offered in the uni prospecti were significantly different. Note the use of the words "vested interest" in this debate and that ultimately meant there would be a compromise, IMO a bad one. As for Xmas? It certainly won't be normal for most people and I remain cautious esp when there is also a new grand child to be aware of and very protective on that score.
ritchiebaby likes this post
We've already accepted xmas is going to be just us this year. It's difficult but we will just have to manage.
Aye! I know the feeling Jim. Maybe Boxing Day will be slightly different but it aint gonna be anything like normal.
As Jason Leitch said many months ago, "if life feels normal, then you're not obeying the rules". With the UK furlough being extended to March 2021, it looks as though we'll still be in tight restrictions then. The cynic in me thinks that he deliberately waited until tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of people lost their jobs and then re-introduced furlough to save some money. The cynic is usually right.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Absolutely Ritchie!! I notice the Trump-like RW media conveniently overlooking that fact and I know a couple of friends who are casualties of this cynical ploy by the Tories. Hopefully they'll return to the same jobs but will it be to the same T&Cs?????
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/it-...d=msedgntp

Johnson a pathological liar lol!?? As for the cronyism and downright fraudulence/deception, surely somebody within govt is gonna get punished at some stage - it is an absolutely ridiculous situation bordering on criminality on a grand scale!!
Looks like his girlfriend has more influence than some of the cabinet.
Our unelected PM and serial lockdown rule dodger has handed in his notice - apparently. Looks like Bodgit will be done shortly after the nightmare that will unfold on January 2nd when the M2 and A2 get backed up all the way to Watford Gap, Reading and Oxford.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/202...e-cain-row

As hibeejim has noted - his missus is now in charge when most thought she'd left him weeks ago. Well, she wouldn't be the first would she?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »