Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Eu taking action against the UK for breaking international law,UK not a leg to stand on where warned heavily by legal experts.
I'm shocked, really really shocked I mean, how can they accuse us of breaking laws, just how very dare they? Have they agreed to our oven ready trade deal? The easiest trade deal in the history of the world? And they have the cheek to bring us to book for this? Pah - anyone would think there's enough fish in the North Sea for everyone to catch.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
If there is going to be a deal, and COVID kind of makes it essential then it has to be done in October..... or then it starts to get really scary.
Apparently 12k+ new COVID cases declared and predominantly in England - the "sluice gates are opening up" and it is now a case of "Houston, we have a problem with the current Tory govt and the debatable way in which they have been dealing with it"! I've come to the conclusion that the return of students to universities/colleges is a huge factor (not the only one!) in the sudden resurgence of virus infections in England and, to a lesser extent, in the devolved nations - IMO a huge mistake and easily identifiable, a common factor, when compared to the previous return of the schools.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ke...d=msedgntp
And guess what? The figures for new cases have been underestimated by over 20k in the last week by PHE. That's 20k who have not been included in the Test And Trace system, perhaps 50k who should be self-isolating and are not.

What an absolute shambles by people earning huge salaries. Heads must roll.
Cabbage is still good for you
I must say I'm not surprised by this convenient oversight because that is what these desperate Tory charlatans are all about and I think the population in England are gradually beginning to "twig" what is actually happening in a political sense and a practical one that is full of incompetence, shame and bias towards a certain narrow ideology. Dohhhhh - about time eh!!
The private sector should be nowhere near something as important as test and trace. You can also see from the lockdown figures in England that its 'certain' areas that are being prioritised. Ie not the ones that vote tory - regardless of infection figures.

Basically going to be working from home til next spring. Living and working in the same space with 7 hours of daylight is going to be tough going.
The reason for the underestimate was apparently that the database is managed in Excel and the number of columns had reached the maximum. Laugh

Seriously.
That's why you break an Excel Spreadsheet or workbook up into manageable sheets. They couldn't possibly have used up all the possible sheets, rows and columns, but I could believe a thick twat in Downing Street or thereabouts with no real idea of how to use a spreadsheet properly could fill one sheet up (in at least one direction) and not know what to do next. MS Access also has it's limitations and you should always know your limitations.

If the database is likely to get really big (such as one for running a medium to large sized business, which is probably where we really should be) then you don't use MS Orifice applications anyway - you get some proper database software. Dom wouldn't have the brains to work that one out though. You then select the data you need to either analyse it in the proper software you've paid a small fortune for or you pull some small chunks of it into MS Orifice and analyse it.

Far better stuff out there to do it with when it comes to Maths and stats tbh than Orifice apps but don't expect Dom or the Big 4 Accountancy, er sorry, corrupt Gov't advising companies, to know what to use as they don't make these things so can't offer backhanders to Dom and his merry men on that one. Don't expect anyone else in Downing Street to know what else is out there either. You ain't talking a £60/yr Personal MS Orifice 365 license here, but that seems to be what someone has been using. Doh
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
A guide to cask ale.

After further research, it appears I'm wrong on the Orifice 365. Apparently they are probably using 2nd hand NHS Windows 98 computers, so might actually be using Lotus 123 as an interface to whatever version of Excel was around back then? Any guesses? I'm not even sure the full Office Suite were all Microsoft owned that far back. Office 95 at best? Did they ever upgrade from that version in the NHS?

Downing Street won't have done, that's for sure. Tight twats won't pay for the licence. Would not be surprised if they are actually still using a job load of Sinclair ZX Spectrum jobbies and the tape drives that made them work.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »